labor day miles & such

bikeman564™

2 and 15.

Ran two, rode the 15 of the race course I will be running next month. I know most of that section of the canal path really really well, but the last bit I wanted to familiarize myself with. Being a holiday weekend the path was crowded with walkers, joggers and cyclists - a bunch of whom I “had” to chase down and pass....

Sitting up.

No-handed.

Because I’m an asshole.

• Heart 2

27 miles on the C&O Canal. Rode from Whites Ferry to Point of Rocks. Some puddles and squishy spots here and there from Saturday's rain. Beautiful day to be out though. The AWOL needs a bath.

Crossing the Potomac on the General Jubal Early and the Lockkeeper's house at Lock 27

IMG_2610.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

32 miles, 85 degrees, 3-7 mph winds, sunny with smoked levels approaching but not quite at DH's smoke levels.

Nickel Plate info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York,_Chicago_and_St._Louis_Railroad

http://www.nkphts.org/history.html

This line of the Nickle Plate went from South Bend to Indianapolis, IN.  There are plans in the works to extend the trail from Kokomo to Fishers and connect it to the Monon Trail in the next few years.  It is a great trail. The biggest downside is one you see with many rail trails.  So many stop signs. Nearly every mile. Near towns much oftener. Hard to really build speed on the trail but when you stop and take pictures you don't set speed records anyway.