Well...I don't think I broke it...

petitepedal

So last night I put my comforter on the bed..it has been sitting on my rocking chair all summer...about midnight I made a trip to the little girls room...and on the way back the the rocker on the chair jumped out and smacked my foot...hard :angry:  I hopped into bed where I spent time holding it...flexing it and well..eventually fell back asleep...I guess I will live..I am surprised there is no bruise...and I can walk on it just fine....I am thinking of installing a blinky light on my chair :wacko:

I'm so glad it worked out ok!  I hope you don't get a delayed reaction like I did.

I had a scare from a wasp sting two Fridays ago that seemed like nothing and I had forgotten about it by the time I got home from a walk where it happened then shopping.

But on Sunday it suddenly became itchy and a 2" diameter black and blue spot developed as if all my capillaries were exploding.

The skin above it became rough to the touch - my physical therapist remarked about it the Monday after - and it was like one of those sci-fi movies where a person was infected and slowly changed into an alien.

But by last Friday it had all but disappeared.  I think I'm still human.  We'll see next diabetic blood test.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, smudge said:

I ain't takin' any chances. I have a little light I turn on in my bedroom when I make my nightly trip. (for some reason ACL/MCL surgery messes with your nighttime bladder!)

Hopefully no bruise is a good sign.

I think most surgery does that. When I broke my hip was the first that I ever had to get up in the night and getting in and out of bed and getting to the bathroom was hard with a broken hip.

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I think most surgery does that. When I broke my hip was the first that I ever had to get up in the night and getting in and out of bed and getting to the bathroom was hard with a broken hip.

I hope you're right. (Sonofabitch about the hip! ). I was also thinking I'm not biking or working out or in any way exerting myself to make me truly tired. Maybe I'm not sleeping as deeply, so my bladder is able to wake me. Either way, not amused!