DeathJim to the Irma phone.

jsharr

http://www.drudgereport.com/

It's not good. Just talking to a co-worker who grew up in Puerto Rico and has lots of family still there.  She's hoping the fact that many houses are built of concrete will help.

Saw the Miami Marina swell forecast for next Sunday. 31+ foot waves.

The story of this Hurricane will likely be wind and storm surge, unlike Harvey, which was extreme rain. If I was in Miami or Tampa Bay right now I'd be a nervous wreck.

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

When did SoullessJim become our weather authority?   

Have you forgotten Harvery already

17 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Cheese, climb out from under the rock.....

then carry the rock to higher ground and hold on!

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I must be under the same rock.. :(   Enlighten me Kzoo!

See above, help Cheese and double the tie downs on your dirigible.

DeathJim told us of the great Harvey and we scoffed.  My scoffing days are over.   

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I must be under the same rock.. :(   Enlighten me Kzoo!

@jsharr, these jokers are clueless.  I'm not pointing you to the numerous DeathByHurricane and DeathBySnowmeggedon threads posted by DeathJim.  You can do your own research.  SW has great search tools. 

• Whatever 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

@jsharr, these jokers are clueless.  I'm not pointing you to the numerous DeathByHurricane and DeathBySnowmeggedon threads posted by DeathJim.  You can do your own research.  SW has great search tools. 

I have them all bookmarked.  I scroll through them while curled in a fetal position under my desk, surrounded by cases of water, toilet paper and bread and powdered milk

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Have you forgotten Harvery already

then carry the rock to higher ground and hold on!

See above, help Cheese and double the tie downs on your dirigible.

DeathJim told us of the great Harvey and we scoffed.  My scoffing days are over.   

Meh.. I think I called for flooding in a thread too.  We all see what we want to. :) 

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

When you have a history of accurate predictions of death and mayhem like DeathJim has we will start listening to you.

Just now, Wilbur said:

You mean like every day I work?  OK.. 

In Wilburs line of work, he can succesfully predict death ONCE, as he rolls hard right and drops the nose.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Not to mention that whole meteorology thing a spent 4 years studying. ;)  

Listen, we don't need you trying to weasel your way into to Jim's death predictions.  We trust Jim's accurate readings of the flawed European predictions.  

And why did it take you 4 years to complete your 6 week meteorology correspondence course?

43 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I knew this is what you were talk8ng about!!!  Go look at your original thread again. Basically you talked about "dodging a bullet" and I warned you that you wouldn't be able to really say that for 4 days!!   I was first and you ignored me.   :angry:

But how could I expect you to remember that and give me credit when you can't remember the names of your own dogs.     

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It has to be said to be understood by the cattle.  You got it after all.  Now sit the fuk down and shut the fuk up!  << That is what we mean by "Sit back, relax and enjoy the flight". 

Actually as I remember my days of flying Allegheny Airlines.  I think they used to use your first phrase.  There was never a point where you could actually "enjoy the flight."

AWWCD, why are you making fun of DeathJim.  He is your landline to safety.  When Irma invades your Greenville you will wish you had been nicer to him.  When he makes it big as the preeminent Buffalo weather prognosticator, you will wish you have been nicer to him.

Go ahead and mistreat Jsharr, Parodybot and Wilbur (And Maxi too if you want), but I suggest you rethink your attitude towards Jim

• Heart 3
  • Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

AWWCD, why are you making fun of DeathJim.  He is your landline to safety.  When Irma invades your Greenville you will wish you had been nicer to him.  When he makes it big as the preeminent Buffalo weather prognosticator, you will wish you have been nicer to him.

Go ahead and mistreat Jsharr, Parodybot and Wilbur (And Maxi too if you want), but I suggest you rethink your attitude towards Jim

I don't think I'm in danger of this.  While my narrative has been that I moved from house to house and from town to town due to deferred maintenance in my living abodes, the truth is nobody forgives a weather forecaster, even one who passes along other peoples forecasts. I've been ridden out of several towns and states on rails. In fact, I bet FL would like to have me back right now.