Alarm Clocks

Kzoo

What's your relationship with your alarm clock. Love it? Hate it? Need it?

I have a pretty good internal alarm clock that is fairly accurate.  If I've had a decent night's sleep I'll usually wake up about 5 minutes before whenever the alarm is set.  Actually I hate mornings and therefore hate the alarm clock.  I typically hit the snooze button a couple of times and if I need to be somewhere I will adjust the alarm to accommodate this - 2 snoozes is 18 minutes.

Did I mention that I hate mornings.

Discus

p.s. and I understand that for Parodybot the term "relationship with your alarm clock" could have an entirely different meaning.

My wife gets up before me and our dog generally wakes us up around the same time so no need to set one daily.  If I'm catching an early flight or in the rare occasion when I'm fishing I'll set the one on my phone.  

But I always seem to wake up 10 minutes before the alarm goes off...

I need multiple alarm clocks.  I have one (with two alarms) that is set automatically and has a weekend skip feature.  They're set later than I normally get up as a "last defense".  Then I have one across the room that I set a little earlier than I really want to get up. I use the snooze on that one.   Then I have another one across the room that makes loud sheep sounds - that is the one set for when I really want to get up.  Then I have another one across the room that is a little bit later than the sheep one.  And sometimes I'll also set an alarm on Alexa.

I tend to be a sound sleeper. :whistle:

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I need multiple alarm clocks.  I have one (with two alarms) that is set automatically and has a weekend skip feature.  They're set later than I normally get up as a "last defense".  Then I have one across the room that I set a little earlier than I really want to get up. I use the snooze on that one.   Then I have another one across the room that makes loud sheep sounds - that is the one set for when I really want to get up.  Then I have another one across the room that is a little bit later than the sheep one.  And sometimes I'll also set an alarm on Alexa.

I usually just use my phone.  I use the alarm clock plugged into the wall and then the alarm on my phone if I need to get up.  If I REALLY need to get up I'll put the phone on the dressed across the room.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

I have a pretty good internal alarm clock that is fairly accurate.  If I've had a decent night's sleep I'll usually wake up about 5 minutes before whenever the alarm is set.  Actually I hate mornings and therefore hate the alarm clock.  I typically hit the snooze button a couple of times and if I need to be somewhere I will adjust the alarm to accommodate this - 2 snoozes is 18 minutes.

Discus

p.s. and I understand that for Parodybot the term "relationship with your alarm clock" could have an entirely different meaning.

You should never complain about inane threads again. 

• Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, Sam said:

You should never complain about inane threads again. 

And you should do what the captain said......  This thread is going to roll to page 2 soon so :P

And compared to The Forum Commander's 'So Close" thread, this is Academy Award material.

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

I am hearing "Time" by Pink Floyd. :D

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Discus

My internal usually goes off right before so the clock is really a backup, but every once in a while it will catch me in a sound sleep - usually on nights when I have had trouble sleeping until almost time to get up.  :blink:  VERY rarely hit the snooze.

I get up every morning from the alarm clock's warning and take the 8:15 into the city.  Quite often there is an overhead whistle and people act inconsiderately towards each other while the young female humans adorn themselves.  If my transport arrives promptly I can commence working at 9 and begin earning my salary. If you ever get annoyed, look at me I'm self-employed, I love to work at nothing all day.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1