Taking One For The Forum

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

I would first like to congratulate Forum members for elevating the Level Of Drivel found on the Forum in our efforts to reach 500,000 posts.  :nodhead:

So with that goal in mind, I would like to suggest for the next week we take one for the Forum and sacrifice 'likes'.  Instead of hitting the 'like' button, hit reply and simply post :) or :cheerleader: or :lol: or whatever other icon you like choose.  (Sorry, no likes)   Even : ) or ; ) would be ok if you can remember back to the days before emoticons/emojis were invented.

It certainly won't elevate the quality of discourse, but I don't believe that has ever been a cause of concern.  It will, however, inflate the post count and it may be enough to get us to the 500,000 mark.

• Heart 2
  • Whatever 1

32 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I would first like to congratulate Forum members for elevating the Level Of Drivel found on the Forum in our efforts to reach 500,000 posts.  :nodhead:

So with that goal in mind, I would like to suggest for the next week we take one for the Forum and sacrifice 'likes'.  Instead of hitting the 'like' button, hit reply and simply post :) or :cheerleader: or :lol: or whatever other icon you like choose.  (Sorry, no likes)   Even : ) or ; ) would be ok if you can remember back to the days before emoticons/emojis were invented.

It certainly won't elevate the quality of discourse, but I don't believe that has ever been a cause of concern.  It will, however, inflate the post count and it may be enough to get us to the 500,000 mark.

This is not fair. Why can't we both like and post? :scratchhead:

9 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

This is not fair. Why can't we both like and post? :scratchhead:

You most certainly can!  :nodhead:

If I may recall peoples' notice to

9 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I would like to suggest  (italics added)

as I would not dare to presume to do more than suggest.  Most of us here convey the perception of being responsible mature adults persons who can decide for themselves what to do (or at least are old enough to be held legally accountable for what they do  ;) )

Kzoo does have a fair point - hitting the 'like' button is the most economical use of time, posting a :) takes a bit more effort, and clicking a 'like' and posting a :) takes even more effort, nearly to the point of carpal-tunnel inducing exhaustion.  :runcirclsmiley:

GAH!  The very epitome of a first-world problem!  Yet I believe we are up to such measure, and have the qualities inherent in ourselves to triumph over this nearly insurmountable difficulty! 

19 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

GAH!  The very epitome of a first-world problem!  Yet I believe we are up to such measure, and have the qualities inherent in ourselves to triumph over this nearly insurmountable difficulty! 

You give us way too much credit.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:43 AM, AirwickWithCheese said:

RG will explain it to you when he recovers from his hangover. 

I am just recovering from my hangover.

I hadn't had a beer in more than a month before Old#7 demanded that I have that first corrupting beer.  He put a gun to my head on the second.  His friend Ambrosia threatened to twist off my manly bits if I didn't have a third.  People are rough out here, I didn't realize the threat level was so high.  

I told Old#7 that I have had more beer in three days here than I had previously in the last three months, but I think it might be more like the last 4 months.  I like beer, and really missed it, and thankfully there is more in the refrigerator.  I have also eaten far more than I usually do, and my pants are much tighter than when I arrived.

• Awesome 1

19 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am just recovering from my hangover.

I hadn't had a beer in more than a month before Old#7 demanded that I have that first corrupting beer.  He put a gun to my head on the second.  His friend Ambrosia threatened to twist off my manly bits if I didn't have a third.  People are rough out here, I didn't realize the threat level was so high.  

I told Old#7 that I have had more beer in three days here than I had previously in the last three months, but I think it might be more like the last 4 months.  I like beer, and really missed it, and thankfully there is more in the refrigerator.  I have also eaten far more than I usually do, and my pants are much tighter than when I arrived.

I am a bad influence and proud of it.

• Heart 1