Cooking with grapes

Randomguy

Could you?  Would you?

I have been thinking about his since the incessant grape pie talk.  Today, I made oatmeal, and had an excess of grapes, so I thought I would begin playing around with them.

I chopped them in half to get the liquid out when boiling, and was hoping for a bit of decomposition.  I used a lot of grapes, red grapes.  I figured to get the sweetness from them and maybe a bit of grape flavor, but got just a bit of sweetness from them.  I smushed a banana in there later to amp up flavor.

It was ok, not bad, but not much grape flavor.  My conclusion is that you have to use a lot of grapes of a different, tarter variety to get grape flavor in any kind of concentration.  The experiment was successful in that I learned something.

The end.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

What do you know?  You have no taste.  Please don't take that comment wrong.  You literally have no taste.  Please refrain form posting about stuff you know nothing about. 

You are right.  My stint as a QCbot at Cereal City fried my taste receptors!  Damn was I glad when that place got shuttered back in 07 and Kellogs sold me to Blockbuster? I wonder if I am bad luck?  I hope SW did not pay too much for me when he bought me from Sears.