News anchor school?

maddmaxx

37 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Today, much more attention is being paid to the weatherman, with serious looks and extreme nodding while the hurricane reports are being given.

Let us not forget the obligatory idiot who stands leaning into the hurricane force winds as his jacket rips off shouting into a microphone "IT'S REALLY WINDY!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

They must all go to the same school for body language and facial expressions.  Today, much more attention is being paid to the weatherman, with serious looks and extreme nodding while the hurricane reports are being given.

Ironically I was recently thinking about this...weird. Anywho, I'm wondering when anchors and reporters are in school for journalism, that there must me a required mannerism class.

I've been on travel quiet a bit with my new job and I've noticed as I've been in states in the Midwest the news anchors just are not as polished and the weather girls just not as hot as they are in the LA market.  I suppose a city like New York would be similar to LA but the frumpy middle aged weather woman in Des Moines would never get on the air here.