Passport dilemna

Dirtyhip

I have a US Passport and I also have one of the new "super" drivers licenses that serves as a mini passport.  The latter requires that you jump through a few hoops when you renew.  You will need some proof of citizenship to get one. Passports, birth certificates, bills mailed to your address etc.  You will need more than one of these things.  You will have to go to the DMV and I believe it costs a couple of dollars more to account for their time.  The license is holographic though.

It's cool.  When they put it on the counter a lady dressed in a long white gown with hair buns says "Obe-Wan.  This person is known to me and will be of assistance to the resistance".

• Heart 1

The states have known about this since 2013.  Most are compliant.  Seems the states that did not act have created the dilema for their residents.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id

Oregon is making strides towards compliance and has asked for an extension.

http://www.kgw.com/news/politics/lawmakers-approve-real-id-standards-for-oregon-drivers-licenses/454976702

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Things are changing.  They are adamant about beans in chili now.  You can no longer fake it.

SIR, I would never use fake beans in my chili!

or real ones for that matter.

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Tempting.  I could be @Zephyr's Secretary.   ;)

We are a great place to work, indoor parking of all bikes ridden to work, you'd have your own locker room and showers if you schralp on your way to work, and we are a "moose knuckle free zone"

I am also quite chatty so there'd be numerous bike related chats per day

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

New York is going to start issuing "Real ID's" sometime in October, although you can still get a non compliant drivers license for use as just a drivers license if you prefer.  I don't like to carry my passport, so I'd be annoyed if I had to carry one for every domestic plane trip.

Just now, Zephyr said:

We are a great place to work, indoor parking of all bikes ridden to work, you'd have your own locker room and showers if you schralp on your way to work, and we are a "moose knuckle free zone"

I am also quite chatty so there'd be numerous bike related chats per day

<quiver> 

If only my current job wasn't so perky.  I would be driving the truck to Canada for an interview.