Are you a germaphobe?

Kzoo

Do you need to use Purell (etc.) to sanitize your hands?  I don't use that stuff much.  I do wipe the handle of the shopping cart at the grocery store.  I fall somewhere between "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger" and  "I don't want that stuff on my hands"    

We had a guy here that came in early to sanitize his keyboard and desk phone before he started work each day.  And one time I saw his reaction after someone else used his phone - 1/2 a can of Lysol.

And how about the 5 10 15 30 second rule......

#whataboutyou

I wipe the cart handle about 1/10 of the time, maybe.  Sanitizer isn't really a thing for me, unless I am somewhere where I can not wash, have touched really dirty things, and need to eat.  

We did buy a very small container of bleach for the camper, so I can put a dabble on the sponge every day or so. 

It is our goal to stay safe, but not be phobic about it. 

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I am.  I eat at my desk.  Whenever I have papers on my desk that have been in our lab, I Purell and sanitize my desk, mouse, keyboard, pen...  Don't forget where I work, it's pretty gross here.

I can understand that.  We had that conversation a couple weeks ago remember.  An alternative you could take your lunch down to the cafeteria and share the germs of others from all over the hospital.

24 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I don't touch anything in a doctor' office/waiting room. Diseased people hang out there. I'll eat garden dirt no problem.

21 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

even your own genitals?

Just now, Longjohn said:

I know where they have been, I'm good. :D

I bet he wears pants to stop his genitals from touching anything there.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Not even close.  I'll put it this way, when it comes to food I don't follow the 'five second rule', I go with my own ' five person rule'.  I really don't care how long it has been on the ground, but it is all about how many people are gong to see me pick it up and eat it.  I live with the "You eat a bucket of dirt before you die" mantra.

But I always wash after using the bathroom. Always.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1