Not an emergency

Airehead

In light of everything going on this is not really an issue but it still looks weird and I would like to solve this problem.  Our windows have wooden inserts that make the big glass look like 10 smaller panes.  These wooden inserts come out so you can clean the windows more easily.  I left the Airedales in the house and went out front to move the pumpkins from my car to the porch.  Decorating took like 15 minutes.  I left the front door open and could see Airedales mingling about through the screen.  All seemed well.  I was wrong When I came in I noticed a bit of wood on the floor, then more, then more, and then half a window insert.  Uh oh!  Looked in the dog room and Ryan was in there happily munching on the other half of the insert.  It is ruined.  Now we have a window without one.  Where can I order a replacement one and do these things have a name?  Mr. Aire isn't home and I'm not sure when he will be but he isn't going to be thrilled.

• Awesome 1

They are called Mullions.  Some manufacturers call them grills.  If you know whose windows they are, I am sure you can order one.  If you don't know, look at the metal strip between layers of glass. The companies name is normally stamped there. Most people throw all of them away these days because they look dated. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

They are called Mullions.  Some manufacturers call them grills.  If you know whose windows they are, I am sure you can order one.  If you don't know, look at the metal strip between layers of glass. The companies name is normally stamped there. Most people throw all of them away these days because they look dated. 

Well if your house has shutters, it would look weird without the grills .