Other people's vacation pictures...

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

17 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

How crowded is it? I was thinking of taking my sister up for her birthday, in January.

The flatish area by the ski center can be a bit crowded.  If you leave from the paths by the lodge, you will rarely see anyone but there are some tricky turns.  Skiing out and across the lake was very cool-- we left from the lodge to do that.  There were maybe 6 other people on the frozen lake.  We all started having a contest-- ski down a little hill and then see who could glide across the ice the furthest.  Finished with a wine tasting at the lodge.  Also the ever warm pot of mulled cider waiting in the dining room.  Help yourself but take it to your room to add the brandy.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

If you leave from the paths by the lodge, you will rarely see anyone but there are some tricky turns. 

I live for tricky turns, on skis.

We’ve been to GH, several times, but never for skiing. We try to go when there’s few people because on a couple of occasions, there seemed to be a disproportionate number of loud, rude, pushy people from NY/NJ/LI and it sucked a bit of the fun out of going someplace quiet....

16 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I live for tricky turns, on skis.

We’ve been to GH, several times, but never for skiing. We try to go when there’s few people because on a couple of occasions, there seemed to be a disproportionate number of loud, rude, pushy people from NY/NJ/LI and it sucked a bit of the fun out of going someplace quiet....

Great Adventure in central NJ. Horribibble!  Hershey Park in central PA is much more tolerable.