Your weekend in pictures...

airinpie

7 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I took RG up to Harpers Ferry WV to see the sights. Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia all meet here where the Shenandoah and the Potomac rivers meet and empty to the Bay as the Potomac. We toured, we explored and had a beer and onion rings. A good day. We hiked up to Jefferson Rock where I told RG that this is where Thomas Jefferson used to go when he ate consumables and chilled. The ruins are St John's Episcopal church. I think the Catholics burned them out due to the Troubles in Northern Ireland. The standing church is St Patricks Catholic Church. Used as a hospital in the Civil War the building is still in use today. Trains still run thru Harpers ferry, we saw and heard several while at the restaurant. We thought Petite would have liked to hear the train horns.

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

Great photos. I have an amazing cousin that lives in Harpers Ferry. I was disappointed the timing wasn't right to visit him on the Adventure last year. You needed to take RG there by bike. He would love those hills.

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia all meet here where the Shenandoah and the Potomac rivers meet and empty to the Bay as the Potomac.

Have motorcycle toured that area. Loved it. Isn't there a hill where they (used to?) hang glide, and you can see three states at once?

3 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Probably, there are a lot of mountains near there and all have good locations for hang gliding.

I went to a rally in Chambersburg PA and one of the rides went to Shepherdstown and Harper's Ferry. All I remember was one really cool, twisty road that was completely under the tree canopy and a cliff where you supposedly could see three states.

39 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I went to a rally in Chambersburg PA and one of the rides went to Shepherdstown and Harper's Ferry. All I remember was one really cool, twisty road that was completely under the tree canopy and a cliff where you supposedly could see three states.

You were probably on Harpers Ferry Rd, coming thru Sharpsburg/Antietam Battlefield. I'll verify that someday.