I had my mind blown twice yesterday

Randomguy

First it was some citrus peeler thingy that actually worked.  I will get one.

Secondly, Old#7 pointed out to me that everybody who was happy in Mayberry RFD was single.  The only main character that was married was Otis, who was made miserable by his wife and drank to excess in an endearing way because of her.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Secondly, Old#7 pointed out to me that everybody who was happy in Mayberry RFD was single.  The only main character that was married was Otis, who was made miserable by his wife and drank to excess in an endearing way because of her.  

The police officer killed his wife and slept with his aunt.  That was a sick man.

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Mayberry is a nice place to live, except for the Meth.

Is this impacting other things in town or just a nuisance?  Supposedly there is a problem here, but I don't notice it.  The closest I came being affected, was several years agowhen a neighbor girl (high school age) died of an overdose.

6 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Raif Hollister (the guy who could sing) was married to a lovely woman.

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Is this impacting other things in town or just a nuisance?  Supposedly there is a problem here, but I don't notice it.  The closest I came being affected, was several years agowhen a neighbor girl (high school age) died of an overdose.

The meth heads are kind of a menace.  It doesn't really directly affect me. I see them, and have them apply to by tenants, you read about meth houses being cleaned out or worries about the toxic spills or running into their campers in the woods.

6 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

have them apply to by tenants, you read about meth houses being cleaned out

As a landlord, you’d damned well better have good insurance. Around here, the property is treated as a hazmat site and costs $$$$ to clean up......so not only are you not collecting rent for a long time, but you have to pay for a very expensive hazmat remediation.