Yay.

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

54 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

rent it out.:huh:

Heh. My mom had rental property. I know how that goes. For like, the first ten or fifteen years we owned the house, it was a woman and her son, upstairs. No issues, no noise.

Eventually, they moved out.....and it was an endless parade of losers after that.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That was my experience with rental property.

This was during my formative years, so I learned early on "landlord = no".

Even the ones who were ok, didn't stick around too long and you have to go through the whole exercise of cleaning and advertising.....again.

Nope.

4 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

This was during my formative years, so I learned early on "landlord = no".

Even the ones who were ok, didn't stick around too long and you have to go through the whole exercise of cleaning and advertising.....again.

Nope.

I knew I didn't want rental property. The owners talked me into if by refusing to sell me just the one duplex that I wanted.

38 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Heh. My mom had rental property. I know how that goes. For like, the first ten or fifteen years we owned the house, it was a woman and her son, upstairs. No issues, no noise.

Eventually, they moved out.....and it was an endless parade of losers after that.

And it only takes one to pretty much ruin you.  Amazing how quickly some people can trash a house.

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

They said I could store my antique car collection there too.  I'd have done it already, but I'm having trouble finding enough blocks...

They said I could start a pot farm there too!  Wonder if you could take some of my crop to set your cars on?

Image result for red neck front yard

Congratulations!! I know the feeling, when the folks we buy hay from bought the adjoining 80 acres south of our place. There had been talk of subdividing before they purchased the property and kept it in crops. During the talks, was when my wife purchased the place south of town, for an escape route.

3 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

During the talks, was when my wife purchased the place south of town, for an escape route.

We talked about buying it ourselves, but he was asking a ridiculous price.

Apparently it meant enough to the neighbors that they paid almost what he was asking.