Pet nazi's run amok with political correctness shooting out of their butts

Randomguy

Ok, Facebook is awash with well-meaning people who post dog adoption pleas incessantly, as if there was a realistic chance of getting inbred cousin Shep from Oklahoma or their recently rediscovered third grade friend who now lives in Buttstench, ND to travel out to Maine to adopt some nondescript sad-eyed pitbull or other.  I have news for you, you are just pissing off people who haven't already unfollowed your shortsighted and now marginalized ass already.  If they really wanted to adopt a dog, they would do what most people would do, which is to go to their local shelter and save thousands of dollars and a huge hassle like a sensible person.

But I digress...

I was thinking about this because I saw a post from someone who normally doesn't post crap like that, about some dog that got smashed in a car-compactor at a recycling yard, then thrown out of a moving train, then nearly decapitated in a civil war reenactment gone bad, that was now going to its "forever home".

Sure, you think, this dog has had enough strife, and now has a fairy tale ending where he gets dog ball replacement surgery and gets to bang all the bitches in the neighborhood in perpetuity while he munches filet mignon and has his own king size doggie bed that he can recuperate on from all the bitch-banging and butt sniffing action that is his life, now that he has a "forever home".  "Yay", you think, "that sounds pretty similar to what I would like to do all day if I could just stop sniffing butts long enough to bang all the bitches in the area".

So once the Disneyesque emotional bullshit dissipated, I realized how stupid this "forever home" nonsense is.  So you just get a dog, and the nazi's say that you have to keep it "forever" to satisfy their dumb asses?  "You are a horrible person, for shame!  Surrendering your menacing dog that has already bitten people to a shelter, or taking your dog who simply won't stop barking, peeing in the house, and destroying all your property as well as the neighbors after spending only $11,724.68 on dog therapy, shirley you can try a little harder!  Why, you aren't fit to breathe the same air as us Prius-fornicating mealy-brained SJW's!"

But then I thought some more, because I am like that, and I love dogs.  Yeah, I had a perfect dog for me, so it must be just that easy for everyone else, right?  If someone has a dog that is brain damaged, nasty, or is just a dick, there is something wrong with those people?  How can we expect this to be the case?  

I feel it is almost like asking people to stick with the first girlfriend or boyfriend they acquire, and call them shitty people when they break up with someone.  Kind of unfair, don't you think?  Like you could meet a dog in a very artificial setting for ten minutes, and that is plenty of time to decide that this dog will have no flaws and mesh perfectly into your lifestyle with exactly zero problems that can't be managed with a few rainbow farts and assorted other hippie sentiment.  That simply isn't the real world, and it is time to stop with the nonsense.

You are welcome.

• Heart 2

I got rid of all those people on my feed because I couldn't take it.

I'm a dog lover, have had lots of them taken many in, but sometimes putting the dog down is the sensible and correct thing to do. 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

That was a might fine rant.  Could have used a bit more cussing and bashing of alternative groups, but solid work.  

I couldn't get past "Ok, Facebook is awash with well-meaning people who post."  Can someone provide an abridged version.  People and pets and an RG rant.  I just could't read the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I couldn't get past "Ok, Facebook is awash with well-meaning people who post."  Can someone provide an abridged version.  People and pets and an RG rant.  I just could't read the whole thing.

Pet lovers can be really really myopic and judgmental and sometimes very annoying and wrong and deserve to be punched in the junk.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

That was a mighty fine rant.  Could have used a bit more cussing and bashing of alternative groups, but solid work.  

I am out of practice, but did think of him as I typed it.  I did edit it to soften it up, Nate wouldn't have done that..

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Nate would be proud of you, great post. :D

:loveshower:

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Pet lovers can be really really myopic and judgmental and sometimes very annoying and wrong and deserve to be punched in the junk.

When you adopt a dog, you have to realize that you could be adopting someone else's problems and that the dog could be a basket case that nothing will fix.  

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

When you adopt a dog, you have to realize that you could be adopting someone else's problems and that the dog could be a basket case that nothing will fix.  

Three of our last four dogs have been resuce dogs of some sort.  One was found wandering in our neighborhood as a puppy and we claimed it after it was reported to city pound, etc and not claimed.  Two were adopted from the local animal shelter and only one was purchased from a dog breeder.  

Funnily, the dog breeder dog has had the most issues.

The lost and found dog, Sparky the border collie, was a damn fine dog and Remi and Romeo, the shelter dogs, are pretty dang awesome as well.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It doesn't matter the source of the dog, it might be a basket case. 

The attitude you refer to seems to stem from the idea that getting a pet is akin to having a child.  Once you pass a certain point, you're supposed to be committed, the same as if you had a human child.  Giving it up for adoption because it has more issues than you expected is frowned upon.

1 hour ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

It doesn't matter the source of the dog, it might be a basket case. 

The attitude you refer to seems to stem from the idea that getting a pet is akin to having a child.  Once you pass a certain point, you're supposed to be committed, the same as if you had a human child.  Giving it up for adoption because it has more issues than you expected is frowned upon.

I think you should be able to give children away if they bark, destroy property, or pee on the floor, too.

21 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I have no idea what you're on about.

.....which just reaffirms my preference for antisocial media.

On Bookface, many people post offspring/family stuff and travel pics, kind of a "what's been going on/keeping you up to date" thing.  Other people are all wrapped up in this "Trump is an asshole" thing, which everyone who has even a quarter of a brain or is mentally over the age of 4 already knows, so it is overdone and annoying these days.  Some people can't help themselves there, and I get that, as the news comes out more egregious than the previous news, and they don't know what else to do with their outrage.  I don't even look too much at that these days, it is too much negativity.

Then there are people who have a cause, which is fine in broad strokes kind of a way when done occasionally.  However, some people simply have no impulse control and their entire lives seem to be composed of "dogs in shelter" (or horses, which I wouldn't give a fuck if they all were eaten and vanished from the face of the earth) articles.  You know the sort, "this dog is in this shelter, look at him, some evil person must have dropped him off and you are saving him/her, aren't you noble, could you be that noble, be a hero, blah, blah, blah." Literally 95% or more of what they post is this hyper-local stuff, which might be compelling individually, but comes across as tedious and pathetic after a very short time.

There you go, that is what I was on about.

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

If it is who I think it is, I got in-friended long ago.  I talked about my awful horseback riding experience.  I spoke in-fondly of horses and she unfriended me for that.  LOL

Owning horses are so pointless anymore.  They are just extremely expensive pets, if you want to ride occasionally, there are other options including just going to a stable and paying for the day instead of raising your own.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

If it is who I think it is, I got in-friended long ago.  I talked about my awful horseback riding experience.  I spoke unkindly of horses and she unfriended me for that.  LOL

Yeah, but just the horsey stuff with her.  I select the "hide all from..." whatever stupid site is linked and never see anything from that particular horsey group again.  An occasional new one will show up every now and then from her, but I hide that, as well.  

The dog people, though, are just incessant.  I have a couple of family members on that I can't just unfollow, so every time I log in, it is a new doggie site or two that I have to "hide all" from.  If you want to not be paid any attention to, that is the fastest way to do it.  The other is the sappy self help affirmation people.  I don't need to see some sanitized version of your externalized internal struggle, please just don't do that.

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

So the takeaway is that I am right to limit my social media exposure to this mutant forum and Reddit.

I am not saying that bookface doesn't have its uses.  This is better here, but it is our private club, whereas bookface will let anyone in.  There are ways you learn to tamp down the annoyances.

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

No sooner did I write that did I find two doggie in shelter posts from her.

She unfriended me because I started flooding her feed with all the dogs in the local shelters around me.  Why the hell would people travel all that way when there are so many local to adopt.  Also, say what you want about buying a dog from a breeder, but as my coworkers likes to say, they are born and they need homes too.

Just now, Indy said:

She unfriended me because I started flooding her feed with all the dogs in the local shelters around me.  Why the hell would people travel all that way when there are so many local to adopt.  Also, say what you want about buying a dog from a breeder, but as my coworkers likes to say, they are born and they need homes too.

I miss TER!  She was fun !  And the perfect personification of Dixie Carter in that TV show whose name escapes me at the moment.  Oh wait - Designing Wimmin.  Yeah, that;s it.

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I miss TER!  She was fun !  And the perfect personification of Dixie Carter in that TV show whose name escapes me at the moment.  Oh wait - Designing Wimmin.  Yeah, that;s it.

She was fun is the key part of that.  At some point, either she changed or the real TER came out.  She turned on those that supported her before because they disagreed with her.  She seemed to become on of those that took disagreements as personal attacks and then she would go on the offensive and start trying to ridicule them and rip them apart.  Her nasty side is quite nasty, on was on the receiving end from her and another former forum member that I thought was a friend.

That's probably the only good thing about FB, you got to find out who people really were, making it easier to weed the ugly out of your life.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

She was fun is the key part of that.  At some point, either she changed or the real TER came out.  She turned on those that supported her before because they disagreed with her.  She seemed to become on of those that took disagreements as personal attacks and then she would go on the offensive and start trying to ridicule them and rip them apart.  Her nasty side is quite nasty, on was on the receiving end from her and another former forum member that I thought was a friend.

That's probably the only good thing about FB, you got to find out who people really were, making it easier to weed the ugly out of your life.

You are my hero.

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nah, I can't compete with you, don't even try.

awwww, lovefest. haha

I don't love the pregnancy photos that people share. A pic of their belly for x amount of days, that gestation is taking. yeah, don't care. :D please show me more dog, bike and other fun videos. oh, and don't forget a recipe or two, that actually work.

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

awwww, lovefest. haha

I don't love the pregnancy photos that people share. A pic of their belly for x amount of days, that gestation is taking. yeah, don't care. :D please show me more dog, bike and other fun videos. oh, and don't forget a recipe or two, that actually work.

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Baby pics I get, pictures of your big ass belly, no thanks.

7 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Do you folks really spend much time looking at things that you dislike or do you just like to talk about the 'bad' things?:whistle:

No, they just find me and we I try to ignore them, people get pissed at me and yell at me.  It's almost like people don't like me and feel an inclination to let me know it.  I don't get it.