Dash cams

Chris...

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I'm planning on picking one up sometime.

I watch the vids online but never really gave any thought to getting one until last weekend.

I was driving along at or a little above the limit. There was a Corvette behind me and I could tell he was itching to get by. When a passing zone came, I knew he was going. There was a pickup coming the other way. It was kind of an ugly pass, but nothing too bad.

What I didn't expect, was the Dakota behind the Corvette to go, too. It was so close, the truck coming the other way and I both headed for the shoulder.

If I had dashcam I would have turned the footage in, for whatever it was worth. 

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I watch the vids online but never really gave any thought to getting one until last weekend.

I was driving along at or a little above the limit. There was a Corvette behind me and I could tell he was itching to get by. When a passing zone came, I knew he was going. There was a pickup coming the other way. It was kind of an ugly pass, but nothing too bad.

What I didn't expect, was the Dakota behind the Corvette to go, too. It was so close, the truck coming the other way and I both headed for the shoulder.

If I had dashcam I would have turned the footage in, for whatever it was worth. 

If there isn't an accident, nothing to turn in.  But I've had enough close calls as people become more and more impatient and worse drivers, that I really feel I need to get one to protect myself.

I have one, but the only time I use it with any regularity is when I drive in the L.A. area. It holds about an hour of video in five minute chunks on the card I have in it. I have set to clear the oldest file and replace it when there is no more room (first in, first out loop). That way I always have the last hour of video on it no matter how long I've been driving.

Last weekend I bought an inexpensive dash cam for the new car. For some reason that car attracts every insecure idiot driving a large vehicle, wanting to bully a small vehicle. :rolleyes:

The picture is at least as good as my older helmet cam I payed much more for.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/uniden-dcam-dash-camera-black/5366901.p?skuId=5366901

11 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Last weekend I bought an inexpensive dash cam for the new car. For some reason that car attracts every insecure idiot driving a large vehicle, wanting to bully a small vehicle. :rolleyes:

The picture is at least as good as my older helmet cam I payed much more for.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/uniden-dcam-dash-camera-black/5366901.p?skuId=5366901

I think you need something very close to your eyes to capture the true roadster experience.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I think you need something very close to your eyes to capture the true roadster experience.

Yep, I was looking at the Gopro's when I picked this one up to play with. I'm using it to try different cam mount locations to see what kind of mounts to get. If I get a chance I'll post a video I have by hanging this one inside (instead of outside up in the wind) where you can see inside the car. Unfortunately, the rear view mirror hides most of the view out though the windshield. :scratchhead: