A question for SW only, none of you should even read this thread title, esp. not Old#7

jsharr

As an Accounting professional allow me to answer this question. The # sign or hashtag can be expressed as shorthand for the word "number". 1 is a number. The forum software recognizes this and substitutes the number 1 for the symbol for number, #. This is a programming error. We should blame on the Red Faced Walrus. Square head, withhold the pickled herring.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Definitely we should get @Redfacedwalrus on the case.  I think she would now be an independent investigator.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

How did that don't read this thread command work?

Askn for a friend cause I didn't read this thread.

UNAUTHORIZED REPLIES!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

As an Accounting professional allow me to answer this question. The # sign or hashtag can be expressed as shorthand for the word "number". 1 is a number. The forum software recognizes this and substitutes the number 1 for the symbol for number, #. This is a programming error. We should blame on the Red Faced Walrus. Square head, withhold the pickled herring.

How come if I type Old#7 it works but it changes for the notification?  Why does this #/1 transmogrification not happen at all times?  Is @Redfacedwalrus a witch?  Has she turned anyone here into a newt?

5 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

@jsharr Does it show as Old17 in a different browser? If it does, then you're clearly losing your mind. If it doesn't, then you probably need to clean your browser cache. 

Please don't. I'm helping, see? :(

image.png.496d4b600563e9b1798d2f94b5c781f9.png

Shows as Old17 in Chrome and Edge.  Want me to try Safari or FireFox of somesuch?

1 minute ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

Do you see the proper # name when you go here? https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/profile/79-old7/

Also did Old#7 just change their name from Old17 like within the past hour?

Yes I see Old #7 at all times except for the notifications I believe.  He has not changed his name that I am aware of.

image.thumb.png.ddd9c63c5046becf386575d800e6df49.png

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes I see Old #7 at all times except for the notifications I believe.

Well then it SOUNDS like you don't have MUCH to COMPLAIN ABOUT! :D

In order to further investigate I need to dig into the forum's back-end. It's up to you to convince SW to let me do that! I promise I won't steal all of your points. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

Well then it SOUNDS like you don't have MUCH to COMPLAIN ABOUT! :D

In order to further investigate I need to dig into the forum's back-end. It's up to you to convince SW to let me do that! I promise I won't steal all of your points. 

I imagine that @Square Wheels would love to have you dig around in his back end.  He may ask you to wear a monocle and speak with a German accent though.  He is weird like that.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jsharr said:

image.png.496d4b600563e9b1798d2f94b5c781f9.png

Shows as Old17 in Chrome and Edge.  Want me to try Safari or FireFox of somesuch?

Oh, so you are on a Mac, that is your problem, you are using an over priced and inferior operating system.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

What do you run?  I have been very happy with my Dells.  

Don't get me wrong, Intel processors perform wonderfully, it's just their price gouging that makes me grumpy. You can get an AMD processor with twice the power for half the cost. There might be some tiny downsides for choosing AMD but the trade-off is incredibly worth it to a gamer like moi. I built my computer:

AMD FX 8370 Eight-Core Processor
16GB DDR4 2000MHz RAM
2xNvidia GTX 780Ti Graphics Cards
Liquid cooling system
Windows 10 of course! 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

Don't get me wrong, Intel processors perform wonderfully, it's just their price gouging that makes me grumpy. You can get an AMD processor with twice the power for half the cost. There might be some tiny downsides for choosing AMD but the trade-off is incredibly worth it to a gamer like moi. I built my computer:

16GB DDR4 2000MHz RAM
Liquid cooling system
Windows 10 of course! 

I think I am in love.

You had me at liquid cooling  :wub:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

16GB DDR4 2000MHz RAM
Liquid cooling system
Windows 10 of course! 

Want to race?  Here is my other rig.

Intel Core i7-7700K Processor 4.2GHz; CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Cooler; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready; ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Systemboard

Has a 2TB hdd and a 500GB SSD.  Upped the ram to 32GB.  Added a 4 TB DVR drive for video editting and storage.

Also got a 27" Dell 2k monitor that will G sync to the video card for better rendering.

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

She just needs Linux, right?

Oh wait, I guess snot, with the gaming.  I just hate Microsloth.

Yeah, hard to game with Linux.  But that's what my server runs (doesn't every one have an actual server in their house) and my decade old Toshiba laptop that's my garage computer (that thing will not die, unlike my POS top of the Dell laptop that started having fits after a year, it was replaced with a Lenovo).

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Intel Core i7-7700K Processor 4.2GHz; CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Cooler; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready; ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Systemboard

Has a 2TB hdd and a 500GB SSD.  Upped the ram to 32GB.  Added a 4 TB DVR drive for video editting and storage.

Also got a 27" Dell 2k monitor that will G sync to the video card for better rendering.

:( I can't enter into any dick-measuring contests, I get disqualified immediately. 

EDIT: BUT I'M STILL GONNA TRY!

I didn't know we were describing hard drives. I've just upgraded to this Samsung 850 1TB SSD beauty:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W02DV8168&cm_re=1TB_ssd-_-20-147-374-_-Product

My storage HDD is 2TB just like yours, and I have two 4k 120hz monitors for my crossfire'd 780Ti's to combat with. 

I really would be interested to see if my 5.2GHz AMD would beat your 4.2 Intel. It's too bad there's no computer racing programs.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You are a tremendous nerd!

• Heart 1

Just now, Indy said:

Yeah, hard to game with Linux.  But that's what my server runs (doesn't every one have an actual server in their house) and my decade old Toshiba laptop that's my garage computer (that thing will not die, unlike my POS top of the Dell laptop that started having fits after a year, it was replaced with a Lenovo).

I keep thinking I should convert this old un-upgradable ~2007 Snow Leopard Mac leftover from daughter #1 to Linux, but the Mac crap is pretty cool. 

7 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

:( I can't enter into any dick-measuring contests, I get disqualified immediately. 

EDIT: BUT I'M STILL GONNA TRY!

I didn't know we were describing hard drives. I've just upgraded to this Samsung 850 1TB SSD beauty:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W02DV8168&cm_re=1TB_ssd-_-20-147-374-_-Product

My storage HDD is 2TB just like yours, and I have two 4k 120hz monitors for my crossfire'd 780Ti's to combat with. 

bow wayne waynes world bow down bowing GIF

open us winner female as GIF

london olympics 2012 2008 shawn johnson GIF

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

This was fun!  I like hearing aboot nice shit without having to fork over the dough to buy it. :)

I do have a little SSD envy though!

Yeah, I got out of the building world long ago because it was getting to expensive and with kids, didn't have time to game anyways.