The Knee Killer

smudge

16 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Totally.

That trail would benefit from some work parties.

Heck no! Well, maybe that bridge.... But I like how a lot of is is just a skinny patch of rideable ground and the rest is the woods around me. The very back has a great section that grows ferns about 4' tall. You pretty much have to bust through them. That's the best!  There is a lot of nice trail throughout though.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, smudge said:

Heck no! Well, maybe that bridge.... But I like how a lot of is is just a skinny patch of rideable ground and the rest is the woods around me. The very back has a great section that grows ferns about 4' tall. You pretty much have to bust through them. That's the best!  There is a lot of nice trail throughout though.

you can keep the trail a narrow single track, but improve trail drainage and build safer features.

• Heart 1

47 minutes ago, smudge said:

Ha, ha!!! improve trail drainage? Ummm, that's a swamp. :D    And really, that's the worst of the bridges.  

You can use several techniques for improving grip on boardwalks.  Boardwalks are great for sensitive zones.  Not much you can do, but go over the really wet areas.

Mixing play sand with paint works on the boards, as well as that grip tape that is used on stairs. You can also crosshatch cut the boards a bit.

It is very important for trail areas to have safe built features to prevent land owners and municipalities from being sued. Thus, keeping more zones open and readily available for public use.   

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

You can use several techniques for improving grip on boardwalks.  Boardwalks are great for sensitive zones.  Not much you can do, but go over the really wet areas.

Mixing play sand with paint works on the boards, as well as that grip tape that is used on stairs. You can also crosshatch cut the boards a bit.

It is very important for trail areas to have safe built features to prevent land owners and municipalities from being sued. Thus, keeping more zones open and readily available for public use.   

I've also seen chicken wire used for traction on wood features.  Works well, though I wonder how long it will last.