I hate this heat

petitepedal

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have my furnace going today. I'll take the heat any day. Cold and raining here since sunset yesterday.

My situation is sadly more like this, really cool, very windy, fairly wet. On the weather forecast yesterday they said that Sept 13 last year was the warmest Sept day on record, so it just shows to go you, fall weather is a crap shoot.

23 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

My situation is sadly more like this, really cool, very windy, fairly wet. On the weather forecast yesterday they said that Sept 13 last year was the warmest Sept day on record, so it just shows to go you, fall weather is a crap shoot.

On Petite's Big Adventure last year we were all wearing jackets the first morning after camping in tents. By the end of the tour it must have been near 100 degrees. Petite wasn't happy, I enjoy the heat, beats shivering.

Just now, Longjohn said:

What is the second day for? I can guess the first one, probably going to ride a couple hundred miles. The second day must be to party with the Bullshifters?

we are riding a staff ride (actually starting tonight, 8 or 9, finishing mid day tomorrow.  We will work the first sag stop of the ride on Saturday, then head back home

• Awesome 1

I haven't had my air conditioning on in a couple weeks with highs mostly in the upper 60's to upper 70's in Central Maryland. I set my thermostat to 68 after one cold night, but I don't think the furnace has kicked-on yet.  We're getting a little moisture from the remnants of Irma and highs today (Thurs) thru Mon are supposed to be a consistent 81F, 83F, 84F, 83F, and 81F with suns and clouds and maybe a shower Sat, with lows of 69F to 70F.  So maybe we'll have some pleasant living living here in the alleged "Land of Pleasant Living."