I only buy flat sheets

Frank Calico Cat

No fitted sheets. Quality sheet sets are very expensive and prohibitive. 

I bypass this irritation by buying mismatched high quality flat sheets. 

Red Land Cotton sheet sets are 250.00

Instead, I buy their seconds and no partner flat sheets for 25.00 a sheet, 50 a set. 

This is an example of how Frank Calico Cat lives a better lifestyle than you. 

FCC

Buying quality flat sheets at deep discounts is very competitive. Manufacturing quality at the few remaining USA all cotton makers is extremely high. Too high if you ask me. 

6 years ago I bought a Red Land Cotton set off eBay advertised as off color set bought from their company store. $80.00, it's my only all natural full complete set and my pride and joy. The quality is the stuff of kings. 

6 years later by staying in touch I have just completed my 14 bed sheet set. I calculate I have just over $900 invested in the finest linens made on the planet. 

Wilbur, you do not have this. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Frank Calico Cat said:

Buying quality flat sheets at deep discounts is very competitive. Manufacturing quality at the few remaining USA all cotton makers is extremely high. Too high if you ask me. 

6 years ago I bought a Red Land Cotton set off eBay advertised as off color set bought from their company store. $80.00, it's my only all natural full complete set and my pride and joy. The quality is the stuff of kings. 

6 years later by staying in touch I have just completed my 14 bed sheet set. I calculate I have just over $900 invested in the finest linens made on the planet. 

Wilbur, you do not have this. 

This is true.  Ancient Egyptians made mine. 

• Whatever 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I would never be able to sleep on mismatched sheets. I would toss and turn all night.

Although I understand your reasoning, you are wrong and a filthy animal. 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This is true.  Ancient Egyptians made mine. 

Egyptian sheets are a lie and silly compared to my Red Land Cotton sheets. I beat you with this one Wilbur. You are also a filthy animal on your silly Egyptian sheets

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

How does one get the bottom flat sheet that replaces the fitted sheet to stay on the mattress?

How much time and effort did it take to train the staff at Calico Cattage to work with only mismatched flat sheets?

Not an issue since sheets are changed daily. I rotate my RLCs each workday and I have 4 sets of vintage Dan River I use for weekends and guests. 

I use a clothesline to dry with wooden clothespins. The snapping sound is awesome.   :)

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

How does one get the bottom flat sheet that replaces the fitted sheet to stay on the mattress?

How much time and effort did it take to train the staff at Calico Cattage to work with only mismatched flat sheets?

These (particularly the first) questions are mine.  How did you get them from my head?

I want my questions back!

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Frank does not sound like I expected him to sound.  Nor does his mistress.  

That is a fine looking lady and a perfect example of what I'm saying. 

You change your boxers daily but not your bedsheets?  You people are animals. Wilbur knew better though is all I am saying. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Frank Calico Cat said:

That is a fine looking lady and a perfect example of what I'm saying. 

You change your boxers daily but not your bedsheets?  You people are animals. Wilbur knew better though is all I am saying. 

I would like that fine looking lady to be mine on a time-share basis.  How do I arrange bookings?

• Heart 1

Btw, as far as the "mismatched sheets" aspect. We aren't talking about made in Vietnam or China here. 

All the sheets are various shades of beautiful crisp linen white. Face it, I one upped all of you with this. There is not one of you among you that sleeps better than Frank Calico Cat. 

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I change sheets not daily.  Why daily? Why?  Why?

Discus.

Um, because I am not an animal?   :dontknow:

No sheet can be as completely perfect and clean as the first night. My rotation allows for this indulgence. 

But hey, it's the same level of luxury for those of you with matching sets on your 14th night, no?   :rolleyes:

That's almost as nasty as hippies. 

Wilbur is online but ignoring my texts. 

$20.00 says he is researching all linen sheets made in USA and will be ordering 15 sets just because he can. 

I do not hate you for this Wilbur, you have been blessed and this is who you are. South Carolina cotton grown near Bennettsville is the finest in the world but is no longer hand picked. 

Alabama cotton is the best you can do for right now.   

1 hour ago, Frank Calico Cat said:

Um, because I am not an animal?   :dontknow:

No sheet can be as completely perfect and clean as the first night. My rotation allows for this indulgence. 

But hey, it's the same level of luxury for those of you with matching sets on your 14th night, no?   :rolleyes:

That's almost as nasty as hippies. 

Don't prisoners also have that luxury?

• Whatever 1