MCC Bike Michiana 2017

Longjohn

I'm heading off to Sturgis, Mi. with WOLJ to meet up with DP & WODP for a weekend adventure. I figured I'd start a thread now and we can add to it over the next three days. I'm excited, my wife is apprehensive. She said this is moving her out of her comfort zone. She bought herself a new helmet and I have her bike a full charge.

• Heart 4

Electric  shift problem was probably thermal shutdown from being too hot while stored in the Jeep. By the time we got home it was working so I went for a ride.  Total for the day 54.2 miles. Have it charged again.  Ready to ride tomorrow if WoD_P doesn't want to ride the tandem.  She is feeling good enough that she is considering riding the short route. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, smudge said:

Hey @Longjohn, how is WoLJ doing? Did she do the whole ride today? 

Sorry I'm not asking about you; I know you're fine. ;)

She rode to the first rest stop, sixteen miles or so. That's the furthest she rode in a long time. She rode around in the sag the rest of the ride.

• Heart 3

This morning's sunrise just after breakfast. I rode out to the lunch stop about twenty miles. I forgot to start Strava again until I was miles down the road. WODP hauled me back to camp so I could shower and change and drive the long drive back to Pennsylvania. It was a great weekend. The Mennonites are good people and fun to ride with.

IMG_3226.JPG

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Pictures by one of the riders from Grand Rapids.  He rides from GR to Sturgis and back every year to attend this ride.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNgNfHUkKfV4dPtmKEGWmXgnEH4248RHh4vJFBXgrFEH1WhOW_1K9-JFHxPvIBmdQ?key=bkEwVW8wZF9FTkhrYkZvQlVidzBXZWpXd1Jpdl9n

We crossed a mountain.

20170916_144313.thumb.jpg.3e207da563831ae4fc7b126e58948b31.jpg

I'm second in the paceline.

20170917_105851.thumb.jpg.371dfeeda81beef78a5c0aa88a8560ad.jpg

LJ, WoLJ and WoD_P

20170917_114406.thumb.jpg.ec78f7952388454cf90816273b209b26.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1