Weekend plans?

petitepedal

I am hoping to get home before Sunday....given the length of last nights commute :whistle:

I washed up my smokey joe grate...and will put it away til Spring...there is always the gas grill should the urge for grilled something or other arise... I need to do some kick azz cleaning on Saturday...we have rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow....I might make a Farmer's Market run Saturday morning...with a 2 to 4 item limit :whistle:

Sometime on Sunday...I will make the journey to the land of the Cheese...Tomah to be exact to pick up my friend who goes to the Mayo later this week...Looks like her Ovarian Cancer was the secondary cancer..she is going for a second opinion and possibly scheduling HIPEC (?) for sometime in October..she has stage 4 with residual cancer in the abdomen   Keep Hope in your prayers please...

Laundry fits in there somewhere..and depending on weather...a walk outside or a workout..my neighbor keeps talking about trying out the new workout place near us...

• Heart 1

The town I live in is closing part of the street I live on for a block party. Chilling on Church. Live band, food trucks, beer and wine. I'll try to talk RG out of being a recluse and live a little.

Saturday, work at the LBS and chill after.

Sunday I'll get the bike out and ride. I ran into an old friend this past week. He was miffed that I had moved back and not contacted him. We will ride on Sunday and make that a regular thing. He will make me a stronger rider.

I want to try a new recipe this weekend too. Portobello mushrooms braised in beer. Keep it simple stupid: mushrooms, beer, rosemary and garlic. I'm going to use the Siren's Song beer from Ommegang. I think the fig and raisin flavors will go well with the mushrooms. A side of risotto and crusty french bread to soak up the juices.

• Heart 2

Looks like I'm getting roped into a football game. :angry:

We get cheap tix for this weekend's football game, for "Employee Depreciation Day'. IDGAS about football, but know the BIL does, so I text him and ask if he wants to go. He declines....but somehow my nephews got wind of it and they want to go. :angry:

Staring an 8 week binge of non stop weekend activities.

This weekend is trying to fit at least two workouts among this: 

Saturday: Church breakfast and brother's birthday dinner, with a bonfire in his backyard after dinner.

Sunday; Church then going to my buddy's house for his legendary football party. He's had at least 25 of them over the years. If any pictures of me appear on Facebook I deny them.

Monday: Vacation/Recovery day.

12 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

If you were truly Superior, you'd freeze right over. Our Local Lake Erie does that pretty much every year.

Yeah, post some pics of Erie freezing over in mid Sept and then I may take you seriously.  Until then, meh. This weekend I am gonna chill.  I will freeze later.

• Awesome 1

Going to be busy.  Have been asked to attend more scout events than I have hours in a day.  Tomorrow AM I have been asked to help younger sons Troop pick up flags from 8 to 11 am.  We put out over 400 flags for his troop for 9/11.

Have also been asked to help with an adult scout training day and to help older sons unit pick up popcorn for their fund raiser tomorrow AM.

Tomorrow afternoon, older son and I will be picking up over 300 flags that his troop put out for 9/11.

Saturday evening witll watch football and drink.

Sunday AM, oldest son is going fishing at 4 AM with some buddies.

Sunday afternoon working with a local Cubscout pack to plan their first meeting of the year with new leaders.

I will be glad to get back to work Monday so I can rest!

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Lake Superior said:

Yeah, post some pics of Erie freezing over in mid Sept and then I may take you seriously.  Until then, meh. This weekend I am gonna chill.  I will freeze later.

You were chilly in July when we swam in you. Sorry if I pee'd while swimming.:whistle:

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Busy weekend ahead. The weather will be great so lots to do. Riding tonight, Saturday and Sunday. Need to paint the floor of the gazebo, do some more brush mowing and now the grass. Tomorrow is the cream cheese festival so we will go listen to some music there. The list goes on

Just now, Zackny said:

Busy weekend ahead. The weather will be great so lots to do. Riding tonight, Saturday and Sunday. Need to paint the floor of the gazebo, do some more brush mowing and now the grass. Tomorrow is the cream cheese festival so we will go listen to some music there. The list goes on

If you would put your gazebo in the pool like TybeeGB, you would not have to paint the floor.

Saturday morning Wo46 and I are going on the Maywood environmental park ride. Don't know if we are doing the 50 mile or the 70 mile watching the weather. 

Sunday is the last weekend for Road America's motorplex open ride so I will be there practicing my corner speed. Also a friend of mine is doing her first road race on the big track. 

At work now.  Next grocery shopping at the farm market.  Later, go look at a new house for the Airedales.  Try to stay awake until Mr. Aire gets home.  Sunday, work a little and then go to an event for our school at the local farmer's market.  Buy some macaroni and cheese.  Come home and do the million chores that always need doing like weed pulling and also washing the windows in the dog room to get the snool off.  Monday I have an MRI on my leg, again, which will hopefully mean that soon I can spend my weekends riding.

Shooting a wedding this afternoon. Should be true fun! Short story- a friend recommended a friend of hers for a fitness shoot. Turned out very well! A couple weeks later she texted me asking if I do weddings. Her brother is getting married. Texted brother and fiancé. We agree to terms. 

About a month later, I ran into a former manager. We had always been friendly and he had nothing to with my layoff from our former employer. He said he didn't know I was into photography and said he really liked the photos I did for his step daughter (fitness girl!). His ex had a mid life crisis/burst of insanity and left him. I had only met his current wife a couple times with him at social gatherings. I told him I would also be doing his step son's wedding. He hired me on the spot to take photos for a family reunion about a month ago. Had a great time! He and fitness girl were introducing me to everyone. Got to visit a bit with son and fiancé. 

WoW and I went to the rehearsal last night because I had never been in that church before. It was great because we all knew each other enough that they were at ease with me practicing. It turned out to be good because they were doing a couple things a little out of the ordinary and the couple, pastor and I were able to work out a way they could get the photos they wanted. 

Monday WoW and I will be celebrating 35 years of marriage. We are planning to drive up to a favorite winery and enjoy a bottle on the patio in the afternoon. Going to try to get in a morning ride even though it's supposed to be only around 50. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Keeping it (hopefully) quiet this weekend.  Been a long week with a course starting, so lots of long days.  Home for an hour last night before called out for a recovery.  :(

Hoping just to hang with  WofZeph for the day today.  Maybe pick a new recipe to try for Supper.  Tomorrow we are helping with a BBQ at the local church, and hockey in the evening if my wrist swelling goes down enough.  Prob won't be on my bike at all :(:(

• Heart 1

Great late summer weather here this weekend. My wife is gone up north for her aunt's funeral. I'm left here to ride my bike, drink beer, and meet up with a friend for lunch.

The rest of the day will be devoted to drinking more beer, ( just one more) and maybe starting on organizing the garage/man cave.

More great weather coming tomorrow, so wash, rinse, and repeat.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Great late summer weather here this weekend. My wife is gone up north for her aunt's funeral. I'm left here to ride my bike, drink beer, and meet up with a friend for lunch.

The rest of the day will be devoted to drinking more beer, ( just one more) and maybe starting on organizing the garage/man cave.

More great weather coming tomorrow, so wash, rinse, and repeat.

A good time was had by all.  Thanks RC!

• Heart 2