How often do you spend hours composing the perfect post

Further

I don't forget to post, but I usually hit the submit button then realize I had errors in the post and then edit it a couple times.

On the other hand, I have a couple credit cards, Discover and Chase Freedom Visa where you have to go to your web page and click on "Activate" every three months to get the quarterly 5% Casbback Bonus for the next quarter and, after reading all the information, I forget to "Activate" and have to log on again and do it.

For October-December, Discover's giving 5% Cashback at Amazon and Target.  Chase Freedom Visa is giving 5% at Walmart and Department Stores (Sears, Penny's, Boscov's, Macy's, etc. but not Warehouse stores besides Walmart).  Since I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart and already get about 5% back on food with Walmart's "Savings Catcher" that rewards you if other local stores (Target, Supermarkets, Dollar Tree, etc.) have lower prices, that means I get about a total of 10% off Walmart food purchases Oct-Dec.  That will be at least $50!

10 hours ago, Further said:

and forget to hit the submit button ?

If you go back to the same window, the text should still be there.

A long time ago the vendor had a way to save regularly to the database to prevent this from happening.  Clearly on a big site this would be a huge performance hit, with everyone saving everything all the time.  Then they took that away and made the browser save it.  Not nearly as foolproof, but it's saved me a few times.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I stayed up late last night composing the perfect response on this topic and then hit the "Insert other media" button instead of submitting it. Microsoft pushed an update after I went to bed and forced a reboot. My amazingly clever take on this subject was lost, never to be seen and appreciated by the vast population of the cyber-world. I believe the magnitude of this tragedy can be summed up in one word. Shit... :angry:  

• Heart 1

Just now, UglyBob said:

I stayed up late last night composing the perfect response on this topic and then hit the "Insert other media" button instead of submitting it. Microsoft pushed an update after I went to bed and forced a reboot. My amazingly clever take on this subject to lost, never to be seen and appreciated by the vast population of the cyber-world. I believe the magnitude of this tragedy can be summed up in one word. Shit... :angry:  

I thought for sure it became a chapter in your new book. :)  

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

I stayed up late last night composing the perfect response on this topic and then hit the "Insert other media" button instead of submitting it. Microsoft pushed an update after I went to bed and forced a reboot. My amazingly clever take on this subject was lost, never to be seen and appreciated by the vast population of the cyber-world. I believe the magnitude of this tragedy can be summed up in one word. Shit... :angry:  

That ones on Microsoft, not me.  You can blame me for everything else.

• Awesome 1