Attracting the other big kids

Square Wheels

So besides hackiest, FYI, and Soy, I am missing the Baron.  All of those have a slightly rebellious nature ( :blink: ), so it might be tough to get them to follow us lemmings. :D

Yes, plus Badger, RQ, FY and Pebs.  Happy Scientist, too (she is so happy).  There are others, too, but they are all filtering in slowly.

Hey, MC, who didn't appreciate the approach?

Hey - maybe we can get Baron here with the way the quoting works. :D

But on the subject of RG it is still early. :whistle: 

Very early!  The credit goes to Square Wheels, I was just complaining, mostly, fomenting dissent and anarchy.  I did get an email from somebody higher up than Bp at Rodale about the post where I called them "screw-heads" for getting software that destroyed the user experience.  He was somewhat defensive.

Anyway, I liken the Love Forum to a restaurant where the redecorating was so distracting that it was hard to enjoy the meal, and management had been unwilling to listen to the patrons to the point where traffic was slowing anyway.  If you go with the cheapest solution, it shows in the product.  If you go with what makes the managers lives easier but forget about the customers, they get disgruntled and go away, coming back for old-times sake occasionally, but not staying long or ordering drinks or desserts.  

Very early!  The credit goes to Square Wheels, I was just complaining, mostly, fomenting dissent and anarchy.  I did get an email from somebody higher up than Bp at Rodale about the post where I called them "screw-heads" for getting software that destroyed the user experience.  He was somewhat defensive.

Anyway, I liken the Love Forum to a restaurant where the redecorating was so distracting that it was hard to enjoy the meal, and management had been unwilling to listen to the patrons to the point where traffic was slowing anyway.  If you go with the cheapest solution, it shows in the product.  If you go with what makes the managers lives easier but forget about the customers, they get disgruntled and go away, coming back for old-times sake occasionally, but not staying long or ordering drinks or desserts.  

Very interesting, RG!  Somewat defensive. :D  (I wonder if they will take umbrage to my "drunken lemurs" comment, shamefully ripped off from Scott Adams? :D)

Good analogy with the restaurants - I love watching those myriad and rapidly-proliferating restaurant and bar makeover shows.  All stemming from my big interest in user centered design and customer service.  

• Awesome 1

Very interesting, RG!  Somewat defensive. :D  (I wonder if they will take umbrage to my "drunken lemurs" comment, shamefully ripped off from Scott Adams? :D)

Good analogy with the restaurants - I love watching those myriad and rapidly-proliferating restaurant and bar makeover shows.  All stemming from my big interest in user centered design and customer service.  

I just went in to the old site to read what he wrote (for paraphrasing), and that PM is gone (I didn't delete it).

It is strange that I missed something that big on the old forum, I am guessing jsharr didn't make it into a big deal and made a graceful exit?  How did it look irl?

It looked like someone had completely lost their mind and was lashing out at anyone who offered an opening.  Typical LW, logic out the window, emotions to the forefront, reactionary BS.  It was confined to one thread, and jsharr didn't lose his cool back at him, IIRC, so it was probably easy to miss. 

It is strange that I missed something that big on the old forum, I am guessing jsharr didn't make it into a big deal and made a graceful exit?  How did it look irl?

IRL, i sent a message to the bpbikes with my concerns, they were ignored and I subsequently asked for my account to be deleted.

Yea, we have a nice little bolt action for Griffin.

Nothing beat mine though, it was Grandfather's coon hunting gun.  He used to have a bunch of trophies for coon hunting (not sure how that works) and this was his gun.  Thing still shoots so freaking straight that it's unblieveable despite probably being more than double my age.

• Heart 2

Ok, I read both threads just now, and I agree that VB was clearly nuts at that time and out of his right mind at the time.  He seemed completely unaware of his nuttiness and out-of-mindedness then, and was willing to attack anyone (like he had a fully automatic assault rifle) who had a favorable thing to say about gunnage of any type.  Not sure what to say about that, although some people have strong out-of-scale reactions to large unfortunate events involving kids especially.  I don't think you deserved to take it on the chin like that, although maybe he lost some friends or relations very young or somesuch that we don't know about.  

Still, we shouldn't pander to massive reactions like that, and many jumped to your defense, as it was pretty easy to see who was out of line there.  I am surprised that he didn't apologize after that, though, he seems like the type that would after some reflection.  Yeah, he had some strong views, but almost all pointed out that he was expressing them inappropriately.  Dunno.

I still think you are sick and twisted, btw, but we all are.  I would go plinking with you and your kids if I had the chance, what did you end up buying?

Nothing beat mine though, it was Grandfather's coon hunting gun.  He used to have a bunch of trophies for coon hunting (not sure how that works) and this was his gun.  Thing still shoots so freaking straight that it's unblieveable despite probably being more than double my age.

I have an old .22 single shot bolt action Remmington that was my grandfathers.  Not sure how old it is, but man does it shoot nice.

It was not political.  I started a thread asking for advice on .22 starter rifles for our family to be able to shoot together. 

In that case I missed it because I don't know anything about guns and wouldn't have had any advice.  I was just sorry to see you and your tasty bass go.

I wonder what else I'm missing?

My thanks to those who asked if I'd been invited!  :)   I appreciate the kind thoughts...  New forum, a fresh start, no baggage, so I thought I'd try a new name and no sunglasses.  (aka Baron Von Steuben)

Been working some very long hours lately, and haven't had as much free time of late.  Seems many transitioned over from the LF, so the company here should be good!  I hope to make my contribution as well.

My thanks to those who asked if I'd been invited!  :)   I appreciate the kind thoughts...  New forum, a fresh start, no baggage, so I thought I'd try a new name and no sunglasses.  (aka Baron Von Steuben)

Been working some very long hours lately, and haven't had as much free time of late.  Seems many transitioned over from the LF, so the company here should be good!  I hope to make my contribution as well.

Welcome, I think I read that the sunglasses were due to the other site being so bright white.  As you can see this site is pretty white too.  Once things settle down a little I plan to add several more themes that users can select - they won't be forced upon you.  I'll make sure to include a dark theme just for you.

Welcome!

How do you pronounce "Steuben"?