Ok, so I bought the trainer that has a power meter. Wth do I do with it now?

Randomguy

This was more helpful than SW's reply, thank you.

I gave good advice.  So, you travelled a bunch of miles, did a lot of work hauling it in the house, set it up in a nice location, dusted it, oiled it, downloaded the latest users manual...

Have you ridden it yet?

Get it good and sweaty, then worry about fancy things like power output.

I gave good advice.  So, you travelled a bunch of miles, did a lot of work hauling it in the house, set it up in a nice location, dusted it, oiled it, downloaded the latest users manual...

Have you ridden it yet?

Get it good and sweaty, then worry about fancy things like power output.

No, I haven't ridden it, didn't you hear my story of yesterday yet?

• Heart 1

Is there a rectal itch that is not painful?  Soothing rectal itch?  Calming rectal itch?  Those just do not sound right. 

They don't sound right because you have only had the painful rectal itch. I like musical rectal itch, or inquisitive rectal itch best.  Gives you something to think about at the end of the day.

• Heart 1

Oh, for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

You use it to train - entirely - indoors for a race up Mt. Washington while all the time posting here and arguing with anybody who will listen that training on an indoor trainer is vastly superior to any other method in the whole world and that you'll ride up Mt. Washington in less than one hour because that's what the extrapolation of all your power meter charts say which is positively absolutely right because everything you say is so right anyway, because anytime anyone pokes a hole in what you perceive to be your version of reality you just change what you said so that nobody can prove you wrong, and that way you can show how very clever you are and you will have plenty of friends and admirers besides drunk Catholic farmers and neighbors who don't fix their fences and girlfriends who really only like your blank checks anyway.

Oh, for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

You use it to train - entirely - indoors for a race up Mt. Washington while all the time posting here and arguing with anybody who will listen that training on an indoor trainer is vastly superior to any other method in the whole world and that you'll ride up Mt. Washington in less than one hour because that's what the extrapolation of all your power meter charts say which is positively absolutely right because everything you say is so right anyway, because anytime anyone pokes a hole in what you perceive to be your version of reality you just change what you said so that nobody can prove you wrong, and that way you can show how very clever you are and you will have plenty of friends and admirers besides drunk Catholic farmers and neighbors who don't fix their fences and girlfriends who really only like your blank checks anyway.

I will do this.  All this.

I was on the trainer last night.  I am out of condition.  I must ride harder and longer.  I must get some sort of instruction on how to use this thing.