9/17 miles & suchy

bikeman564™

33 miles, 1:46, 18.6 avg. This was allegedly a recovery ride for Doug, he wanted to stay in zone 1 or 2. Doug competed in the cycling event of the World Police and Fire Games and finished 3rd. Jamey is a former Cat 3 racer. I learned a few things today and look forward to riding with them again.

• Heart 2

Just under 56 miles at 15.3 mph avg. Damn near perfect weather except for a few light sprinkles of rain. What wasn't perfect were the roads. A lot of chip and tar and loose gravel. Once section was heavy washboard for well over a mile.

It was so bumpy in places that I lost my $35 tail light. That thing is bright enough to see about a mile away during the day. I hop someone picked it up and gets some use out of it.

I wish I'd had ridden my touring bike with bigger tires.

• Heart 3

Rode 30 miles with WOChrisL today.  She hadn't been on the bike in a couple of weeks so we discussed doing about 20 miles. As such I hammered every little climb and one long one thinking it would be good intervals since it would be a short ride.  Except she said you know, I'm feeling pretty good let's do 30 and  turned left extending the ride 10 miles when i thought we were almost done....

Man oh man I'm freaking fried but it was a good ride. 

• Heart 4

Just got back from the gym.  I am really enjoying the re-row feature.  I do 3 x 3000meter rows and do my best to better each.  Haven't failed yet but it is getting tough.  Did some squats and presses.  I will head back tomorrow morning so I can get a noon time nap before heading to UK tomorrow night. 

• Heart 3