How was your Sunday?

MickinMD

I had a nice Sunday. Last day of Bike Michiana. Beautiful morning sunrise, breakfast, church with the Mennonites, I rode my bike up until our lunch stop and after lunch WODP hauled me back to camp so I could get an early start on my 300+ mile drive back to Pennsylvania. Lots of traffic on the turnpike but it kept moving.

• Heart 2

A good day. I had a ride at 8:30 with Jamey, a guy I used to ride with in my Computrainer winter classes. He's a strong competitive rider but hadn't been riding lately. Work and life getting in the way. It was a good ride. after the ride I did some laundry and fixed lunch. Started planning meals for the week. Made a pie crust for a pecan pie. I will take that over to Mom sometime this week. She gets senior home cred when her son bakes a pie. Made pizza dough and put that in the fridge so it's ready when I need it. Made sauce to go with the dough. For dinner I bought some portobello mushrooms and cooked those in olive oil and butter with garlic and rosemary. Added half a bottle of Siren's Song from Ommegang, cause that stuff isn't worth drinking. Reduced the liquid a bit and had a great dinner. Some crusty French bread mopped up the rest of the sauce.

• Heart 2

Had a great bike ride.  Headwind was brutal in the afternoon going back south. Made averaging 16.5 to 17 mph work. On the morning ride north we were averaging 22.5 to 23.  Still had a great time. Too bad @Kzoo couldn't join us for lunch and the afternoon ride. I would have even given him a ride back north if he would have wanted it.  We left the Mendon lunch stop about 12:30 and were finished riding by 2 pm.

• Heart 3

Went to my friend's annual football party. My buddy's nephew was there. He got run over last November but somehow survived. Not a good idea to lie down at night in the road. But he made quite a good recovery. He's violent and mentally ill, and on drugs, so he was making me nervous,especially when he was talking about killing.  He begged his cousin to spar with him. The cousin didn't want to but eventually agreed to. He toyed with him for a while, then popped the violent one in the face and gave him a bloody nose. 

This is how my wife's cousin got murdered. Wrestling with a friend and beat the friend. Then the friend went into the house, got a gun and shot BuffCarlas cousin in the face. 

But there was no murder last night, and eventually the violent one went home. 

And the Bills lost. 

Decent day.

Afterglow of Alabama's win yesterday. I am concerned about the D, they have 4-5 LB currently out. The front 4 don't look overwhelming.

Still LOLing about LSU.

Still can't believe the A& M struggled with that high school team as long as they did.

Went to the gym, felt OK, other than the gimpy hind leg. Got on the trainer (b/c it doesn't seem to bother the leg) but I had an errant seam and a woman riding next to me, so I only went about 20 minutes on it. Screamed in the shower later.

Bills Lost

Falcon's won.

Got a really cool compliment yesterday that made my day.  My former slow pitch team played in a coed tournament .  My wife and I went to watch one of the games &  a pitcher from another team in our league was also playing and asked why I wasn't playing.  I told him I retired my ankles cant handle it anymore. He said, damn dude, you ball out and got wheels.  I had no clue you had any physical issues...   He shook my hand and i walked away with a big smile! 

I went to Road America motorplex for open track day and it will be the last weekend for the year.  I had a good day working on my corner speed.

One guy that was at the track probably has a headache today. He passed me on the inside and I was chasing him down and setting up for the next turn when he tucked the front end and hit the ground hard. He was out could and not moving as he was sliding down the track in front of me. 

• Heart 1

I drove 170 miles into the land of cheese..I stopped 1 time on the ride out for pea pee and cheese. Met up with my friend in Tomah were we stopped at Humbird cheese (after our lunch at Culver's)..then we drove back to the cities...I dropped her at Trude's..(they were best buds back in girl scouts and I met Trude through Hope) ANYWAY...I will pick up Hope on Wednesday morning and we will spend the day at the Mayo Clinic as she gets poked and gives blood and all that jazz..I return home Wednesday night..and a couple other friends go wit and sunny!!h her to the second day appointments..Long day of driving...but on the plus side..it was a beautiful day.