Good morning, and welcome to the working week!

Ralphie

I need the work week to rest up.  Spent half of Saturday with two Scout troops picking up around 800 American flags that we put out for the HOA for 09/11.  Woke up at 3:30 on Sunday AM to get Wade out the door to go fishing with some buddies.  Installed a wireless phone charging pad in the console of my truck so I can just set my phone in the coin tray and it charges!  Did some other DIY stuff around the house as well and watched Ferrari wreck both their cars on the first lap of the Singapore Grand Prix, watched the Cowboys get beat, watched the Longhorns lose a heart breaker and watched my Fightin' Texas Aggies play a really crappy first half and a much better second half against a lesser opponent.   Grilled some steaks last night tthat were tough to begin with and then overcooked by some asshat......  

Both boys were bundles of joy this AM.  Younger son raised his voice to wojsharr and will be dealt with this evening.  Older son overslept and then dragged his ass so much that I drove off and left him in the shower.  Not sure how he is going to get to school or what his consequences will be when I get home this AM.  Need all 8 hours of the work day to get over the anger, process and deal with my sons correctly.

Happy Monday, ya'll!  

• Sad 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

iPhone 10?

Samsung S6 Active.  Thing is built like a tank and works great after years of ownership.  Been dropped, soaked, baked and still keeps on working.  

I bought a three coil charger off of Amazon, took it apart, removed my console lid, took it apart and installed the charging coil inside the lid under the coin tray.  Drilled holes to route the cable from the lid to a USB port inside the console.   Pretty easy and very fun modification that allows me to charge my phone just by setting it in the console lid.

If I would have bought a premade kit, could have spent $200.00
Brandmotion FDMC-1270 - Brandmotion FreedomCharge Qi Wireless Charging Kits

Instead we did something like this and save about $185.  Once it is all back together, you cannot tell anything has been done.

Image result for diy wireless charging 2015 silverado

Image result for diy wireless charging 2015 silverado

• Heart 2

31 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I need the work week to rest up.  Spent half of Saturday with two Scout troops picking up around 800 American flags that we put out for the HOA for 09/11.  Woke up at 3:30 on Sunday AM to get Wade out the door to go fishing with some buddies.  Installed a wireless phone charging pad in the console of my truck so I can just set my phone in the coin tray and it charges!  Did some other DIY stuff around the house as well and watched Ferrari wreck both their cars on the first lap of the Singapore Grand Prix, watched the Cowboys get beat, watched the Longhorns lose a heart breaker and watched my Fightin' Texas Aggies play a really crappy first half and a much better second half against a lesser opponent.   Grilled some steaks last night tthat were tough to begin with and then overcooked by some asshat......  

Both boys were bundles of joy this AM.  Younger son raised his voice to wojsharr and will be dealt with this evening.  Older son overslept and then dragged his ass so much that I drove off and left him in the shower.  Not sure how he is going to get to school or what his consequences will be when I get home this AM.  Need all 8 hours of the work day to get over the anger, process and deal with my sons correctly.

Happy Monday, ya'll!  

Ah, man-children (and equally woman-children). We used the "You want to be treated as an adult, you have to act like an adult, and when you don't act like an adult, you'll get treated like either: 1) a misbehaving child or 2) a misbehaving adult, depending on how I see fit."

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Samsung S6 Active.  Thing is built like a tank and works great after years of ownership.  Been dropped, soaked, baked and still keeps on working.  

I bought a three coil charger off of Amazon, took it apart, removed my console lid, took it apart and installed the charging coil inside the lid under the coin tray.  Drilled holes to route the cable from the lid to a USB port inside the console.   Pretty easy and very fun modification that allows me to charge my phone just by setting it in the console lid.

If I would have bought a premade kit, could have spent $200.00
Brandmotion FDMC-1270 - Brandmotion FreedomCharge Qi Wireless Charging Kits

Instead we did something like this and save about $185.  Once it is all back together, you cannot tell anything has been done.

Nice mod. You belong to any Cheby forums? http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/187-2014-2015-2016-silverado-sierra-accessories-modifications/

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

Yes.  Got the idea from there, and stole the pics I used above from a GM truck forum.  Each console seems to be a bit different inside.  When I got mine apart, I had to improvise.  Had to put the charging coil in sideways and route my wire a bit differently.  I should have documented it with photos but did not.

I guess I could take it apart and redo it now that I know what is going on and how to do the mod.

Some guys have even gone so far as to removed the console liner and tap into power iniside the console instead of using a USB cable.