Didn't we have ourselves some kind of a summer?

AirwickWithCheese

This was a spring and summer of repair and renewal for me.

My repaired (June 22nd surgery) shoulder is coming along slowly but when it's back to normal it will be, hopefully, the first time in over a decade I don't have a problem in one of my joints.

To get my mind mentally sharp, I got back into competitive chess and surprised myself by qualifying for chess.com's Team USA on August 8, four days before I left for my first Caribbean Cruise which was a great week.

I'm sorry to see the summer fade away, but look forward to 2018, the year I hope to get back into good physical shape - including lots of cycling!

If so and it my body holds up through 2019, 2020 is the year I climb Mount Kilimanaro or else do the Inca Trail to Machu Piccu.

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I agree, it was a bad summer.  I did have some fun here and there, but spent most of it worrying.

Next summer is going to be really good, though, I can feel it!

The worrying served no purpose. You had more time with RO than last summer and she will never be this age again. You had a great summer.   :nodhead:

Plus, you've bonded with Old#7 such that I can no longer talk trash about him with you.   :(

• Heart 2

I had a great summer. Not as much cycling as most years but I was still a bit gun shy and my shoulder doesn't let me forget. I made up for the cycling with much more kayaking/fishing. I did things with my brother more than I have in many years. I took on two new challenges this summer, the 16 year old non-verbal autism boy and I am in training to work with Chrisis Response International disaster relief.

• Heart 1