Fastball VS toe

Parr8hed

I couldn't get my glove down fast enough.  This mother hurt.  I got up at about 2:20 after tossing and turning and got out my torch and a paper clip.  Heated up the paper clip and put it through the toenail to relieve the subungal hematoma.  Worked like a charm.  Shot some blood across the kitchen floor.  Slept after that.

Putting on shoes was not fun this morning.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Those hurt like crazy. A couple days before I retired I was removing a clamp from a top die. It weighed about 25 pounds. It slipped off the bolt and smashed my thumb between it and the air gun. I had a black thumbnail all summer.

I think that this toenail is a gonner.  I have lost this one a couple of times, the big one on the right foot about 3 times.  The ironman took care of 3 of them.  I kinda hope they just don't grow back.  Such a PITA.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I had a black thumbnail all summer.

I have one right now. I was tossing something (a trash can, I think) into the back of the truck and my thumb got between the can and the edge of the truck box. ?

That was at least three weeks ago, because I did it on the Wonder Truck that I don't have anymore.

image.thumb.jpg.60048d166db916c16fd9fbb974e7172e.jpg

3 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I have one right now. I was tossing something (a trash can, I think) into the back of the truck and my thumb got between the can and the edge of the truck box. ?

That was at least three weeks ago, because I did it on the Wonder Truck that I don't have anymore.

Took almost a full year for my toenails to grow all the way back out after the ironman.  I figure this one here won't be right for a while.

9 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Shit, that is bad news!  I hope you did not dent your truck!  Please post a pic of it instead.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

What do all the runners say?..................... You don't need that toenail anyway.

I ran a lot through my 20's & early 30's completing a couple of marathons and was fortunate never to have experienced that.  I had a good running mentor who advised we size up at least a half size if not a full size on our running shoes to prevent black toe.  But some guys I ran with did and still got it....

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

That is a common misconception.  I feel like everyone wants to see my feet.  

Nobody wants to see anyone's gross feet.  I didn't mean to single you out for your gross feet, Cheese and jsharrt will apologize for this eventually.  You should still apologize for posting the pic, though.  

• Heart 3

Ok, I will give you another pic.  This one is after I stuck the hot paper clip into the toe nail.  It bled through the next day.  If you don't want to see a bloody, bruised up toe then I suggest that you quit scrolling...

right about......

now......

I warned you!