Fastball VS toe

Parr8hed

I couldn't get my glove down fast enough.  This mother hurt.  I got up at about 2:20 after tossing and turning and got out my torch and a paper clip.  Heated up the paper clip and put it through the toenail to relieve the subungal hematoma.  Worked like a charm.  Shot some blood across the kitchen floor.  Slept after that.

Putting on shoes was not fun this morning.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Those hurt like crazy. A couple days before I retired I was removing a clamp from a top die. It weighed about 25 pounds. It slipped off the bolt and smashed my thumb between it and the air gun. I had a black thumbnail all summer.

I think that this toenail is a gonner.  I have lost this one a couple of times, the big one on the right foot about 3 times.  The ironman took care of 3 of them.  I kinda hope they just don't grow back.  Such a PITA.

Damn!  I get it, I totally do.  I had my curveball incident that tore my chin up. At some point (maybe sooner than you think) you may need to find someone to catch her.... Luckily for us we had 2 catchers live nearby who were always willing to catch his bull pen sessions for food.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I had a black thumbnail all summer.

I have one right now. I was tossing something (a trash can, I think) into the back of the truck and my thumb got between the can and the edge of the truck box. ?

That was at least three weeks ago, because I did it on the Wonder Truck that I don't have anymore.

image.thumb.jpg.60048d166db916c16fd9fbb974e7172e.jpg

3 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I have one right now. I was tossing something (a trash can, I think) into the back of the truck and my thumb got between the can and the edge of the truck box. ?

That was at least three weeks ago, because I did it on the Wonder Truck that I don't have anymore.

Took almost a full year for my toenails to grow all the way back out after the ironman.  I figure this one here won't be right for a while.

9 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Shit, that is bad news!  I hope you did not dent your truck!  Please post a pic of it instead.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

What do all the runners say?..................... You don't need that toenail anyway.

I ran a lot through my 20's & early 30's completing a couple of marathons and was fortunate never to have experienced that.  I had a good running mentor who advised we size up at least a half size if not a full size on our running shoes to prevent black toe.  But some guys I ran with did and still got it....

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

That is a common misconception.  I feel like everyone wants to see my feet.  

Nobody wants to see anyone's gross feet.  I didn't mean to single you out for your gross feet, Cheese and jsharrt will apologize for this eventually.  You should still apologize for posting the pic, though.  

• Heart 3

Ok, I will give you another pic.  This one is after I stuck the hot paper clip into the toe nail.  It bled through the next day.  If you don't want to see a bloody, bruised up toe then I suggest that you quit scrolling...

right about......

now......

I warned you!