happy talk like a pirate day

bikeman564™

Does anyone remember the Wuzzels? When my kids were little they loved that show. It was a cartoon featuring animals that were inter-species cross bred. They had Ellaroo, a cross between an elephant and a kangaroo. Bumblelion, a cross between a bumblebee and a lion, and my favorites Pi-rats and Pig-mice. I think the Pi-rats must have been a cross between a pirate and a rat. It was played by a rat dress up as a pirate. I think of this every time talk like a pirate day rolls around.  Arrrr

That's a lot of long words, miss. We're naught but humble pirates! What is it you were wanting, exactly?

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Wit ze anchor thick and dry for weighing, shake out a reef in the topgallant mainsail and the foretopgallant staysail to stave off of the lee shore ye bunch o blood o' da bitch lubbers!

That's a lot of long words, zephyr. We're naught but humble pirates! What is it you were wanting, exactly?

My sister used to do a lobster fest, every September. It always had some sort of a theme or gimmick. During the festivities one year, I said "Wouldn't it be great if this fell on Talk Like A Pirate Day?" (The timing of the fest was contingent upon when the fire dept. was doing their lobster sale fundraiser).

Lo and behold the following year, it did

They rented a party barge and we sailed up and down Fish Creek. My BIL fabricated a "mast" - from a cardboard tube out of a roll of carpet. He had a cross tree on it and a Jolly Roger on top. We backed out from the dock and headed upstream, and went under the highway bridge about 50 yards from the dock....the "mast" hit the bridge and folded in half. ?

My BIL was just standing there slackjawed: "I THOUGHT IT WOULD FIT???”

The rest of us were laughing so hard I thought we were gonna puke.

....and that was before we started drinking.

IMG_0572.JPG.9dc99db37c95564535b060d4a809df4a.JPG

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

In that case, I will be 'Zepharg' today and today only.  (If I can figure out how to change my name)

Next to your user name at the top of the page you should see a down arrow.  Click on it.  click on Settings.  Click on Display name on left hand side.  Change name.

33 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's a lot of long words, miss. We're naught but humble pirates! What is it you were wanting, exactly?

That's a lot of long words, zephyr. We're naught but humble pirates! What is it you were wanting, exactly?

When the anchor is straight up and down under the boat and ready to be lifted, could you please go to the uppermost sail on the main (middle) mast and left out one small portion of it, while at the same time let out a little bit of the sail that is found on the line that runs from the bow of the boat (the pointy end) to the top of the fore (or most forward) mast.  This little bit of sail will catch the zephyr winds (see what I did there?) to help keep us from drifting onto the shore (the brown rocky part you see when you are on a boat)

Your cooperation in this endeavor is greatly appreciated Gentlemen.

13 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Does anyone remember the Wuzzels? When my kids were little they loved that show. It was a cartoon featuring animals that were inter-species cross bred. They had Ellaroo, a cross between an elephant and a kangaroo. Bumblelion, a cross between a bumblebee and a lion, and my favorites Pi-rats and Pig-mice. I think the Pi-rats must have been a cross between a pirate and a rat. It was played by a rat dress up as a pirate. I think of this every time talk like a pirate day rolls around.  Arrrr

I only remember the planet Koozebane.

• Heart 1