Weight Loss Challenge

ChrisL

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Not sure if I posted here but I entered a Weight Loss Challenge at work. $100 to enter, $1,500 for the winner,  $1,000 for 2nd and $500 for 3rd.  If we loose more than 10 lbs we get our $100 back as well. 

So we are 5 weeks into the 6 week challenge and I'm down 16 lbs! I've lost the most weight so far but I'm in freaking 2nd place as it's measured as a % of weight lost, not total lbs lost. I'm about 1% behind the 1st place person.... By my estimation I need to drop another 5 lbs to win. The person in 3rd could catch me too as she is only .5% behind me but not likely as shes a little thing to start with and i dont see her dropping much more.

Part of my joining was for the money but I really needed to drop some weight for diabetes management and it was a good motivator.  I'm really not doing any fad type diets either, just eating right, in proper proportions and excersizing regularly. Proper proportions is the key for me. I generally eat good food, just too much...  If I can maintain where I am now I'd be happy.

One week to go, hopefully I get that last 5 lbs!

Pull out the wrestler's manual for dropping weight.  You should be able to drop several lbs of water weight in the last couple days.  

Anything for money.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Great job ChrisL

I just started one yesterday at work, $25 buy in - we are but humble peasants. Contest ends Nov  17th.

Same motivation - Dr. read me the riot act, and my A1C wasn't that bad, 6.7.

He wants me to go 0 carb for 2 weeks, followed by very low carb after that. Eeeek.

I limit bread, potato rice & pasta anyway but I actually cut it all out of diet and it is working. The primary source of carbs is in fruits and veggies.  I know It's not sustainable forever, gotta have a burrito or pizza at some point but it does work.

My A1C was 9.7 so Dr put me on Januvia (was only metformin before) which made an immediate impact but as the weight is dropping I'm noticing my fasting glucose dropping even more.

21 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Pull out the wrestler's manual for dropping weight.  You should be able to drop several lbs of water weight in the last couple days.  

Anything for money.

My brother said to do the same.  Or take a bunch of laxatives.... I dunno, well see how it goes. Technically against the rules but they'll never know.