Tripod?

Square Wheels

Yes, I know this is a tripod.  If I am going to keep up this photo hobby, it seems there are many times when a tripod will be needed.

I asked the people at the camera shop I've been taking lessons at and they suggested this, not from their store, just a link to the manufacturers site.

https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-MK055XPRO3-BHQ2-Aluminum-3-Section-Tripod/dp/B010R4BO12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506017479&sr=8-1&keywords=mk055xpro3-bhq2

Overkill?

I didn't go thru the reviews and know nothing about this tripod but look for something that is sturdy and is easy to setup.  If your instructor recommended this I would read the reviews and go from there.  The review rating on this is a 5 - I think it's a save purchase.

44 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

@Square Wheels

I FB messaged you.

Thanks, I responded.

41 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Thanks.  Did you suggest the one I listed?  One thing I liked was the release levers as compared to screw / twist style.

36 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's a hell of a good tripod.  My budget leans more toward the Amazon Basics one shown on the same page.  On the bike I carry a monopod (extendable single leg stick with camera mount) because it fits into the equipment bag and still stabilizes the camera when I need it.

I don't think I'd ever have it, or my camera, on the bike.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, I responded.

Thanks.  Did you suggest the one I listed?  One thing I liked was the release levers as compared to screw / twist style.

I don't think I'd ever have it, or my camera, on the bike.

I personally do not like the levers.  I do not get blood blisters from the twist style, and yes I've tried them both and use the twist style. I use a a Gitzo tripod with a Markins head, but you do not need to spend so much for a good setup.  I think my wife's is a Benro carbon, and it works well.  B&H sometimes has killer sales on tri-pods.