Do you play an instrument?

airinpie

I played flute & saxophone in High School, and took piano lessons for a short time as a kid. Last year I got a violin and took lessons for a semester. It fell by the wayside when the weather started getting nice out. Violin is HARD. I always wanted to play cello, but the violin was a gift, so I tried it first. Plus it fit in to my vision of riding around Europe and playing for my supper. 

• Heart 3

Played percussion in high school and college.  Drum set, quad toms in marching band, tympani, etc.  Even had a music scholarship the FIRST time I tried college.  I guess that's how I ended up in the Navy.  After I joined I picked up a guitar.  I was able to strum and pick a little.  I was good enough to make you think that I knew what I was doing.  

I have lost most of that.  Don't play in bands anymore.  I might strum around a campfaar now and then and that's about it. 

I'm an ok guitar player as long as I don't try any fast solo runs. 

Although i know a few pieces I'm basically a "fake" piano player - chords and maybe a little melody with the right hand, octave bass with the left. It's still a big sound. Lately I spend more time playing piano than guitar - it's as simple as having a piano on the first floor while all my guitar stuff is in the basement. 

I have one of those things that allows me to play harmonica while strumming but I would not really say I'm a harmonica player. 

I truly believe everyone should know how satisfying it is to be able to make a pleasant noise with a musical instrument (and even more so with a group).

20 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Guitar, mandolin, mountain dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, harmonica, piano a little  and learning bass guitar. Played in several bluegrass and country bands years ago.

I have a beautiful mountain dulcimer that a man in WVA made me for tutoring his kids.  They were all named Carol or Carroll but I probably already told you about them.  Mountain dulcimer played well is beautiful..  I can't do it.

• Heart 2