Weekend plans this first weekend of Autumn..and last weekend of September

petitepedal

Saturday is going to be in the mid 80's here. We decided to do the ride over the 1000 islands bridge then down to Kingston and back to NY on the ferries. 67 miles but with the walk across the bridges, a stop at the bakery for a snack, a stop for lunch and two ferry boat rides, it takes about 6-7 hours.

Ride the Fargo pulling a trailer with a cooler on it to the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale tomorrow afternoon.  Will come home wigh lots of fresn sausage and swiss cheese. Blood test at the hospital Saturday morning then blacksmith at the corn maze.  Sunday church then more blacksmithing.  Will ride bike to the hospital  and church. Probably will have about 100 to 150 miles for the weekend.  @bikeman564™ will probably get ahead of me this weekend. 

• Heart 2

Wo46 and I are participating in the Dousman Duathlon. 

http://www.dutrirun.com/page/show/845820-dousman-duathlon-sept-23-2017

After the dulathon we are driving up the road to the Trek factory for the bike races.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/waterloo-on-world-stage-as-trek-hosts-world-cup-cyclocross/article_a2be64b5-3553-52ae-a4b7-f174cda6537c.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wisconsin+state+journal

Sunday I will be in the garage working on my motorcycle that I'm building for next year. 

• Heart 1

Nothing much here. Grocery shopping and laundry. Make some mango habanero salsa for a cookout I'm going to on Sunday. Work at the LBS on Saturday. Bike ride first thing Sunday. Company picnic from 4-7, cookout at a friend's house 4-7. I'm committed to both so I have to work that out somehow. I'll show up at the picnic at 3:30, leave at 4:45 and get to Cathy's around 5:00.

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

Wo46 and I are participating in the Dousman Duathlon. 

http://www.dutrirun.com/page/show/845820-dousman-duathlon-sept-23-2017

After the dulathon we are driving up the road to the Trek factory for the bike races.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/waterloo-on-world-stage-as-trek-hosts-world-cup-cyclocross/article_a2be64b5-3553-52ae-a4b7-f174cda6537c.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wisconsin+state+journal

Sunday I will be in the garage working on my motorcycle that I'm building for next year. 

We have some young people from Griffin's race team participating in this.  If you see a Team Louisville kit tell them Travis said hi!  

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

No one has plans Sunday, the world is going to end tomorrow (again).

Youngest daughter's birthday is tomorrow. She posted this, too! Told her to make a wish and blow out the planet....

Windy, warm and humid. Supposed to get to 95 today...

I was planning to put the alternator in the Miata so we could finally get it back on the road. But my brother from Chicago decided they were going to stop in town for dinner. Said they aren't staying long so I guess I can put it in by shoplight....

We were supposed to have a group ride with a BBQ after tomorrow, but the forecast of rain forced them to reschedule to a date I have plans I can't get out of...:angry:. Guess I will go to the Oktoberfest celebration downtown instead. 

Sunday I am supposed to do Senior photos. The rain is supposed to stop by the time we are to shoot. 

Club ride today.  not sure how I will feel as I just got back at 10 pm last night from Lisbon Portugal (work trip).  hopefully will hit the gym this afternoon then try to adjust to the 8 hour time difference.  oh, and sometime this weekend post a ride report for the Hemet double century last week.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I called an Audio store in St. Paul but they no longer do home systems..they gave me the name of another place...after my tea and a few cooking shows I will venture to Northern Minneapolis to HiFi Sound with my stereo receiver....and see what can be fixed.

Do you have a t ablet or Bluetooth laptop?  I few years ago I chucked my hifi, purchased a nice Bose Bluetooth speaker and play music off my tablet to the speaker. The sound off that little speaker is amazing and I don't miss my hifi one bit.

If repairing or replacing is going to be over $125 and you have a Bluetooth device, maybe look at just getting a speaker.

• Awesome 1

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Parr8hed said:

We have some young people from Griffin's race team participating in this.  If you see a Team Louisville kit tell them Travis said hi!  

I stopped by twice and no one was around so I got one of the free bicycles that were there 

mms_picture-2.thumb.jpg.010166e209995efddca90506b3f7d728.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Do you have a t ablet or Bluetooth laptop?  I few years ago I chucked my hifi, purchased a nice Bose Bluetooth speaker and play music off my tablet to the speaker. The sound off that little speaker is amazing and I don't miss my hifi one bit.

If repairing or replacing is going to be over $125 and you have a Bluetooth device, maybe look at just getting a speaker.

Same for me with my $50 bluetooth headphones.