I got up a half hour early

bikeman564™

18 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

the ISO audit is complete

Heh. My boss just came up to me yesterday afternoon and was asking me about ISO. He drove past a place  that had the requisite ISO banner and wanted to know what it was all about.

I explained that someone came up with arbitrary standards so that they could charge people to certify them to that standard.

Ten months of the year, they did whatever and eight weeks a year, they'd scrambled  trying to get ready for the audit.

Their ISO slogan was "Do what we say, say what we do". When they were coaching people before the audit, they asked one of the Maintenance guys what he'd say if the auditors asked what the slogan was. "Do what we want, tell them what they want to hear" "OH MY GOD, NO!" ?

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Heh. My boss just came up to me yesterday afternoon and was asking me about ISO. He drove past a place  that had the requisite ISO banner and wanted to know what it was all about.

I explained that someone came up with arbitrary standards so that they could charge people to certify them to that standard.

Ten months of the year, they did whatever and eight weeks a year, they'd scrambled  trying to get ready for the audit.

Their ISO slogan was "Do what we say, say what we do". When they were coaching people before the audit, they asked one of the Maintenance guys what he'd say if the auditors asked what the slogan was. "Do what we want, tell them what they want to hear" "OH MY GOD, NO!" ?

that's it in a nut shell. I was lightly involved during our initial QS-9000 implementation, then more involved w/ the transition to TS-16949. Now I'm very much involved w/ ISO 9001 as it relates to design & development.

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

that's it in a nut shell. I was lightly involved during our initial QS-9000 implementation, then more involved w/ the transition to TS-16949. Now I'm very much involved w/ ISO 9001 as it relates to design & development.

It always seemed like the underlying idea was sound, but somewhere it went off the rails and got buried in bullshit and devolved into semantics and arguments over meaningless minutiae.

It probably didn't help that the folks they had in charge of ISO certification and Quality were weapons-grade stupid.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

It always seemed like the underlying idea was sound, but somewhere it went off the rails and got buried in bullshit and devolved into semantics and arguments over meaningless minutiae.

It probably didn't help that the folks they had in charge of ISO certification and Quality were weapons-grade stupid.

done, nailed it :D    can't fix stoopid ;)