I got a reprieve. Whew!

smudge

Your doctor can usually get you more time off if you need it. Insurance company tried to get me back to work in one month after a broken collar bone and broken shoulder blade. I told them I don't work in an office, I use that collar bone. They talked to my doctor and gave me anouther month. I used it wisely with a week of bicycle therapy in Virginia and some kayak therapy back home. My ortho dock said it was a good idea as long as I don't crash.

• Heart 2

26 minutes ago, Penerope said:

How pissed off is your knee these days?

Considering it's being put through PT of one sort or another twice a day right now, it's not too happy! Mostly the MCL is the real pissed off area. Lots of stinging, buzzing, twingeing...

My PT guy told me today it's going to take a little longer than regular ACL protocol since I also have the MCL injury/reconstruction. Greaaaaaatttt.....

26 minutes ago, smudge said:

I have plenty of sick time and PTO besides the FMLA I'm on. But yes, that IS a concern when working for SAINT FRANCIS Hospital. sheesh.....

I witnessed a guy get thanked for his 35 years of service. Two weeks later he went out to get his rotator cuff done.

While he was on disability, they laid him off.

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

Yup. Amazing... sheesh!

And it wasn't like he was claiming disability, that it was the company's fault or anything. Just "Thank you for your 35 years of service.....now GTFO"

That was just the most egregious example. It happened many other times that were less blatant.