I am tired of this freaking heat

petitepedal

We've had highs in the upper 60's or 70's for a couple weeks here in Central Maryland so mowing the lawn on Sat. in the mid-80's was a bit of a strain - I'm still walking behind my self-propelled mower while holding and turning it with my right hand only while my left shoulder continues to heal from surgery three months ago.

10 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

84?  I'm jealous.

It hit 95 here today.  On September 23.  In Michigan.

I saw that. We were lucky. It felt heavily wet and warm, but the breeze off Lake Michigan kept our thermometer at a 75° high. A few miles away from the lake into farm country (Cornell) got to 85°.

6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

We did hit 90 yesterday..it is 68 right now..they keep saying that front is coming...for those who remember RandomQuiet from the LF he is out by Fargo...and their temps have dropped ...they dropped yesterday...where are our cooler temps :angry:

Not `til Wednesday for us, they say.  Mis-90s again today and 90 Monday and Tuesday.

Well, in two months you will be complaining about the cold. Try to be positive that you can be outside without freezing right now. Also, you are healthy and able to do things.

Use some heat methods that people with MS use.  Wet your head down, and do things really early in the morning.  In the afternoon, watch some movies. 

At least you can hold the handlebars right now.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, in two months you will be complaining about the cold. Try to be positive that you can be outside without freezing right now. Also, you are healthy and able to do things.

Use some heat methods that people with MS use.  Wet your head down, and do things really early in the morning.  In the afternoon, watch some movies. 

At least you can hold the handlebars right now.

Yup!  Heat is easy to deal with in September because we know its days are numbered.