Saturday Night Date Night

petitepedal

Just chillin here...with the AC on :wacko:  I think I will run to the grocery store next.....got a few things done today but nothing on my "to do" list......maybe tomorrow!!  Oh but I did take my stereo (the 2 main pieces) in to a shop to be looked at and cleaned ...hope it isn't too costly...but I want music back in my life :nodhead:

I had a date with my honey today. We started with us both getting haircuts and then we went to breakfast. We were going to take the bikes to Erie but I forgot to charge her battery on her bike so we took the canoe to a local lake instead. She had never been to my special place before. She liked all the blue herons, double crested cormorants, geese and fish. At one point another boat started up across the lake but turned around and left. I caught one big catfish and my wife fed a bunch of bait stealers most of a container of night crawlers.

IMG_3445.JPG

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Graded grad student papers, looked at a house, reviewed agility basics with Lindy, and read a book while icing my knee.  Mr. Aire got home and we had dinner with a friend at a German restaraunt where he could speak to the waitress and we could not.  Had a great beer and great food.  HE had Sauerbraten.  She had Rouladen which had pickles in it--- yuck.  I had spatzee and carrots, and a salad with some really yummy dressing that is a house secret.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Caretaker said:

Right now I've a date with my bed, it's been a long day.

I'm super jealous.  I have been sleeping in the couch for four weeks now.

(someone's pillows to support their healing compound-fracture-shattered-elbow arm takes up my side of the bed)

• Sad 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

No guest room?

I could assemble a double bed in the attic dormer bedroom.  It was 95 degrees today, and while it's on the vent system, it would be a lesser choice than what I have now.  At least with the couch my feet won't be off the edge.

6 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

(someone's pillows to support their healing compound-fracture-shattered-elbow arm takes up my side of the bed)

How's she doing?  I understand the couch, as I spend time there during lambing, so we do not wake each other up during late-night checks.

After mowing the lawn in the mid-afternoon heat, my date was with a shower, a recliner and baked chicken thighs with La Flor Chicken Seasoning with hot, loaded potato salad and peas. Mm mm good! I'll have the same leftover meal during the NFL games on Sunday and probably my last pint of ice cream for the year, Wegman's "Banan-A-Peel'n" - my 2000 or less Calories/day diet begins after a bunch of us celebrate the birthdays of me (Oct.1), my brother (Sept. 19) and his wife (Sept. 29).

59c78fd96e62a_WegmansBanan-A-PeelnIceCream.jpg.c05758b5255f14decb9e2db11339ea14.jpg

10 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

Dang! I took the couch with my knee. Slept on it for a couple weeks after I hurt it, then i moved to spare bedroom. I was worried about the stairs with crutches, so HoSmudge would open the pull out bed in the couch for me. Then I spent a night or two on it after surgery. I've been in the guest room since then. 

How is that arm coming along? 

Ooh! I may be in GR this weekend! I'll keep you posted. Maybe a meet-up if you're not too busy?

4 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

How's she doing?  I understand the couch, as I spend time there during lambing, so we do not wake each other up during late-night checks.

She is re-learning to use the elbow, as having a partial replacement for it is somewhat confusing to the brain, which is used to having living bone in a place where there is now hardware.  Her pain isn't as acute as before, but we think the bones are knitting over the screws, which aches a lot.  She's off teaching for the semester as a result, and isn't getting out a lot, and we're not doing a lot of extras like we do sometimes due to budget.

We'll get there.  It's just going to be a long 3-4 months. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Dang! I took the couch with my knee. Slept on it for a couple weeks after I hurt it, then i moved to spare bedroom. I was worried about the stairs with crutches, so HoSmudge would open the pull out bed in the couch for me. Then I spent a night or two on it after surgery. I've been in the guest room since then. 

How is that arm coming along? 

Ooh! I may be in GR this weekend! I'll keep you posted. Maybe a meet-up if you're not too busy?

Meet-up is always good.  I'll PM you.