Sloppy Ass Joe

Randomguy

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Could you be more wrong?  I don't think it is possible to be more wrong, it really isn't possible to not like sloppy joe's.  At the very least, they are ok, unless you are SW's.

You aren't SW's, are you?

OK, I may have hyperbolized a tad (I blame you), and I guess I tolerated them in my younger days, and I would still accept one but I wouldn't be crazy aboot it.

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

OK, I may have hyperbolized a tad (I blame you), and I guess I tolerated them in my younger days, and I would still accept one but I wouldn't be crazy aboot it.

I bet if FSOG made one, you would like it.  Not that bastard FR'oS, though, that guy is a jerk.

It is fun to hyperbolizate sometimes, isn't it?

• Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I am me, and that looks disgusting.

What could possibly look disgusting about it?  I don't care if you have never had one or if you have given up any pretense of living in broader society and became a vegan, it still looks good, even if you can't imagine eating one.

18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

What could possibly look disgusting about it?  I don't care if you have never had one or if you have given up any pretense of living in broader society and became a vegan, it still looks good, even if you can't imagine eating one.

When I see it, I see overweight people.  Yes, I have never had one.  It looks fatty, greasy, full of heart burn.

14 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

When I see it, I see overweight people.  Yes, I have never had one.  It looks fatty, greasy, full of heart burn.

Not everyone who have eaten these are fat. 

I understand you don't want to eat an omnivores diet. the comment seemed judgy and rude.

now, I have to ask. would you say this to a friend that ordered it? 

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

now, I have to ask. would you say this to a friend that ordered it? 

If he ordered it on an internet forum designed for discourse, both polite and rude, yes, then I would.  I agree, I do not want to eat animal products (for now), but I could easily weigh 300 pounds eating junk and other crap out there.  Being overweight is a choice.  I am a people watcher, like many of us.  I am amazed at the people I see that can barely walk, need to use a cane, or have had surgery to correct their obesity.  I look at pics of people on Facebook, most are obese, many morbidly obese.  People are politically correct and call it overweight.  Sorry if I don't.  I work in a hospital, this is a farce.  We should be healthly and an example of health.  Most people I work with are overweight.  I've done several Biggest Loser challenges at work.  There was one girl who was 300 pounds.  She cried, we hugged.  I told her I would help her (yes, she wanted and asked for help).  She gave up.  I see her eating several enormous slices of "breakfast" pizza when she arrives at work.  It disgusts me.  Probably a thousand calories before she even starts her day.

If we were walking around the city one night and you decided to buy and use some crack, I would say something about that too.

Do I judge, absolutely.  I never claimed to be a nice person.

Sorry, I am in a pissy mood.

@Square Wheels you're not alone in thinking this way. Humans are faced with access to multiple food choices that are neither healthy or nutritious. We have fewer physical activities and are putting on weight like never before. No one else seems to notice or do anything to address this. I wish we could do more.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Old#7 said:

@Square Wheels you're not alone in thinking this way. Humans are faced with access to multiple food choices that are neither healthy or nutritious. We have fewer physical activities and are putting on weight like never before. No one else seems to notice or do anything to address this. I wish we could do more.

I've always wanted to open a healthy food restaurant.  There is no reason in the world at all to eat so many burgers and French Fries.  Those evil bastards!

• Heart 2

I am sorry...but start with portion control and improve the quality of your diet...unless you have serious health issues related to a particular item....everything in moderation.. I am not big on  cutting out a particular food unless you truly have issues with it.  Even Ice cream or burgers and fries are okay....in moderation...

• Heart 1

So what is unhealthy about a sloppy joe for the average person?  Maybe not an ideal food, but what is?  

Much of what a lot of people call healthy is what I call junk, primarily because I can't handle grain very well.  I am firmly convinced that all refined sugar is bad (evil, actually) for every one of us.  Yet I will still eat those things out of convenience and then not stop. 

The biggest problem almost everyone has is portion control.  Sure you could be one of those "Uh, I don't have a television, I drive a Prius, and I am a vegan" people you meet at parties and wish you hadn't, but if people could just find a way not to eat so damn much, then we wouldn't be so damn preachy if we kept our own ship in order.  I wish I could stop eating so damn much, I am no different there.

Also, sloppy joe's are really fucking good because they taste really fucking good.  You can't preach the flavor out of them, they are around for a reason.