the bike club chick and bikeman heard the boom

bikeman564™

First night of camping at the ride this weekend we heard what was probably was a transformer blowing. Approximately around 2 am we heard a ZZZZZ immediately followed by a BOOOOOM, and a flash of light  :frantics: (bike club chick saw it, my eyes was shut). One of the parking lot lights then went off, but came on a couple minutes later. We heard the next day a portion of town was also temporarily out. The end.

11 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Approximately around 2 am we heard a ZZZZZ immediately followed by a BOOOOOM, and a flash of light  :frantics: (bike club chick saw it, my eyes was shut).

The technical term for this situation was first described by the eminent electrical engineer, Dr. Daddy Dewdrop, who called this phenomenon 'chick - a - boom'. 

Don't ya just love it?

If it's a three phase system, then it's called 'chick - a - boom - boom - boom'.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

The technical term for this situation was first described by the eminent electrical engineer, Dr. Daddy Dewdrop, who called this phenomenon 'chick - a - boom'. 

Don't ya just love it?

If it's a three phase system, then it's called 'chick - a - boom - boom - boom'.

I should of paid more attention in tricity class :mellow:

HoneyBadger had this happen outside his first apartment, about 4:30AM (top half of a house converted to a duplex).  The trashcan transformer on the nearby pole outside HoneyBadger's bedroom window gave a buzz, then a "POW" and then threw a shower of sparks.  When power went out half a second later, HoneyBadger realized he might as well get breakfast at the local Denny's, or he'd fall asleep two hours later, half an hour before work, and miss the whole day.

12 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

HoneyBadger had this happen outside his first apartment, about 4:30AM (top half of a house converted to a duplex).  The trashcan transformer on the nearby pole outside HoneyBadger's bedroom window gave a buzz, then a "POW" and then threw a shower of sparks.  When power went out half a second later, HoneyBadger realized he might as well get breakfast at the local Denny's, or he'd fall asleep two hours later, half an hour before work, and miss the whole day.

Are you going to refer to yourself in the third person this weekend too?? :P

On 9/26/2017 at 11:52 AM, Parr8hed said:

Sucks to have no power when camping.  In the cold it's not horrible as the furnace will still operate off the propane and you can use your battery to run the fan.  But if it's hot and you cannot have crisp, cool AC then it's time to go home.

Wholy carp modern kids are spoiled.

• Awesome 1

On 9/25/2017 at 11:33 AM, jsharr said:

They found smoking charred squirrel remains at the scene.

There was a turkey toasted to the side of a transformer, near me. 

I never would have noticed it, but I was driving by and there was a guy walking his dog, looking up at it.