And there you have it

Square Wheels

I'm sad to hear it. The Beginners Forum at bicycling.com helped me a lot after I returned to cycling in 2011, after over 40 years away from it, as I had to learn how to adjust derailleurs, disc brakes, etc. that I had never seen in my teenage 3-speed days.

But I immigrated here from LF because it had become so opinionated and hateful with unfriendly comments thrown back and forth between members and so few were even bothering to comment anymore.  That part needed to be closed down for repairs.

If those members begin posting here, I hope any such outbursts will be quickly squashed.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

If those members begin posting here, I hope any such outbursts will be quickly squashed.

SquareDude swings a mean ban hammer and he's not afraid to use it.  You can sleep well at night knowing that we not only can rely on him but also his consistently missing sidekick, CheeseDoodles.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm sad to hear it. The Beginners Forum at bicycling.com helped me a lot after I returned to cycling in 2011, after over 40 years away from it, as I had to learn how to adjust derailleurs, disc brakes, etc. that I had never seen in my teenage 3-speed days.

But I immigrated here from LF because it had become so opinionated and hateful with unfriendly comments thrown back and forth between members and so few were even bothering to comment anymore.  That part needed to be closed down for repairs.

You guys are so self-righteous, but you've had your own share of dust-ups here. Bannings, and the need to have a separate forum of any potentially controversial topics. This place is pretty stale. to be honest.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

You guys are so self-righteous, but you've had your own share of dust-ups here. Bannings, and the need to have a separate forum of any potentially controversial topics. This place is pretty stale. to be honest.

And we especially don't like honesty.  A good dose of honesty never helped anyone here......  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think the folks who have stuck around here like it stale.  I personally got tired of the many rants over there and although it may have been seen as engaging dialogue many of the folks here tired of it.    

I am glad to see you here.  Give us some time and see what you think.  Nobody is forced to participate.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

That's sad.  Now I have no reason to ever visit Bicycling or Runners World.  I will NOT join the FB groups, I do use FB a little, but have never joined a group.

FB groups are not that bad.  It's almost like this place, just a little different format.  I am in a few camping/travel trailer groups.  Some are pretty active, some not.  

On 9/28/2017 at 4:17 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

I sincerely hope you find yourself enjoying this site!  I think you'll find the people as friendly as you allow them to be!

On 28/09/2017 at 7:33 PM, Road Runner said:

I don't think we are stale.  It may seem mild here compared to the LF because we separate the political discussions from the everyday discussions in the Cafe.  The political forum here is as busy as the recent LF.

People come to the Cafe for fun and some come for serious discussions, just not political.  Many of us feel that political and religious discussions can create animosity and undermine the generally pleasant experience we would like to maintain in the Cafe.  Political and religious discussions are more than welcome in the P&R forum.  Maybe some of you coming from the LF now can bring new energy to the P&R.  Having separate forums here has been a big success, IMO.     

Adapting to a new forum is usually a process.  But of all the forums I have ever been on (and I have been on a lot), this place is the friendliest and most welcoming of new members.  We may not be your cup of tea, but we can't change who are.  After all, that is what a public forum is.  It's the people on the forum.  And all the people here welcome all new members and hope they find a home here.  If not, no harm done.   :)

No.  People come here to parody threads.  It's mind numbingly boring here most of time.  I only post once in awhile because I like a majority of the people.   

I've attempted to liven it up in the past, only to get my hands slapped.  Kim died and Muhammad was meet with fear (rightfully so).

Hopefully with some of the new old blood, this place can interest Pile's superior intellect.  And RG's.

Couch

On 2017-09-28 at 11:17 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yet you read enough to have an option of the goings on.  I don’t think I have ever read a positive or even interesting post from you.  And here you are pointing fingers.  The puny prophet. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yet you read enough to have an option of the goings on.  I don’t think I have ever read a positive or even interesting post from you.  And here you are pointing fingers.  The puny prophet. 

You are angsty when you fast, I see.  

I am going to fast a bit when I leave Ohio.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yet you read enough to have an option of the goings on.  I don’t think I have ever read a positive or even interesting post from you.  And here you are pointing fingers.  

I have to say that Wilbur is right, PZ.  I remember you being fun AND interesting long before Rodale chased everyone away from the old place.  You could take up your old ways and be yourself again and everyone would be better off because of it.  You shouldn't mind angsty Wilbur, btw.  Most times he will border on outright decency, but will anally rape your soul when he feels uppity, which he seems to be a bit lately.  I think everybody needs to be called out on their shit from time to time, though.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 9/30/2017 at 11:57 PM, Dunning Kruger said:

No.  People come here to parody threads.  It's mind numbingly boring here most of time.  I only post once in awhile because I like a majority of the people.   

I've attempted to liven it up in the past, only to get my hands slapped.  Kim died and Muhammad was meet with fear (rightfully so).

Hopefully with some of the new old blood, this place can interest Pile's superior intellect.  And RG's.

Couch

Be careful what opinions you express, Couch, else Wilbur will label your content as "stupidity". Or maybe your post will be deleted.

I'm not sure why Mr. Wilbur feels I have such a persistent negative outlook in my posts... other than my claim that RG has the Clap? I thought that was standard operating procedure.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

It is not the clap, it is PRI.  Everybody seems to have it here.

The Primary Rate Interface (PRI) is a telecommunications interface standard used on an Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) for carrying multiple DS0 voice and data transmissions between the network and a user.

No wonder antibiotics isn't helping.

46 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Be careful what opinions you express, Couch, else Wilbur will label your content as "stupidity". Or maybe your post will be deleted.

I'm not sure why Mr. Wilbur feels I have such a persistent negative outlook in my posts... other than my claim that RG has the Clap? I thought that was standard operating procedure.

Yea, I had a post deleted today and noone had the brass balls to inform me.  

Btw, I find it unbelievably hilarious Wilbur would call you stupid.   His post reminded me of our favourite Boston Fan's behaviour.  I suppose he's filled BS's spot in the forum.

I would suggest we liven up to place but, I don't suspect it wil be permitted.

DK