Seatpost water bottle cage

I might ride the Kancamagus highway this weekend.  If you've never been there, Google it, one of the most beautiful places in New England (or the world).

It's about 60 or so miles out and back.  I'll drive up in the morning, park my car somewhere in Lincoln ride most of the way to Conway, then turn around and come back.

Going in this direction there won't be anywhere to stop in Conway - I don't want to ride into town.  I was thinking of getting a seatpost bottle cage to hold a couple of extra bottles.

Does anyone here have experience with those?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minoura-Water-Bottle-Cage-Holder-SBH-300-Seat-Cage-Mount-Bottle-Holder-/160795997578#ht_2631wt_840

I think I'm getting one similar to this. Don't have it yet, so I can't report on it. Ordered it from LBS.

I have a couple rides I like to do on a regular basis that are each about 45 miles. I need extra bottles 'cuz the little stores out in the middle of nowhere are closing. I guess I'm not buying enough water from them!  Anyway, I need more water than the two bottles my frame can carry, and I refuse to do the Camelback thing.

Just carry the extra water bottles your jersey pockets.  That way you also get the added benifit of having a lighter bike and everyone knows a lighter bike is a faster bike.

• Heart 1

While exploring in Virginia one time I ran out of water.  I found a closed up business that was for sale.  They had an outside faucet on the building and the water was still turned on.  I filled my  water bottles there.  Usually if I plan on being on the bike all day in an unfamiliar area I throw a rack bag on the rack and put extra water etc. in there.  When I did the DC to Pittsburgh trail I also used a hydration pack.

I take the hydration pack on scout camps, hikes, etc.  Holds food, tools, first aid, gloves, shock pump, camera,  whatever.  Mine even has a thing to hold a helmet.  Can be used for so much more than biking versus the seat post or saddle mount bottle carrier, which is very usage specific. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a seat post bottle holder. I tend to ride alone and prefer not to stop so I got it to extend my rides as my wife was tired of driving out to the side of the highway at pre-determined spots and act as my 'feeding station'. Mine holds two bottles. I use the ones on the frame and when empty switch them with the back ones so I don't have to keep pulling the bottle outta my backside, so to speak. I have no issues with them, and when I have my two gatorade bottles with white covers in there it looks like I have rocket boosters!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a seat post cage that holds two bottles. They are nice when you can just bypass the rest stops that are overloaded with people and get to the next one that might have cookies before they are all gone! 

There are also times where I find it easier to use the rear cages then the ones on my frame. 

• 3 weeks later...