Another cycling related thread - not a parody

Kzoo

Velocity Wheels became a customer of ours a couple months ago.  I wasn't involved in the sale and didn't know it until I saw them on a sales report.  I paid them a call today and one of the owners gave me a tour of their small plant.  From 20 foot pieces of extruded aluminum to the finished wheels.  It was interesting.  They make the hoops, buy the hubs made to their specs and assemble to order.  I have been looking at a pair of their hoops for a backup bike of mine.  They are running those in a couple days and will make sure they make a pair with a 28 spoke count. I'll mount those to my existing hubs. 

http://www.velocityusa.com/

• Heart 3

Oh dang I used to get comped all sorts of cool stuff from my vendors as I purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment annually.  My last uniform vendor I stayed with even after changing employers twice.  They would send me all sorts of cool stuff to try out.  I've got 2 pair of bad ass military boots that I don't know what to do with now as I don't need em.  One pair I never took out of the box.... Cool jackets, shirts, hell I'm wearing a tactical belt now I got from them.

I've got a set a Velocity A23s. One of the best investments ever. Never had to true them. And I beat the crap out of these wheels. Mostly gravel, lots potholes, bumps, you name it. These wheels rock. Their wheels are not sexy, won't turn heads like Heds or Zipps etc. Workhorse. You'll get tons of miles out of them and never worry or think twice. They carried me to a finish at Trans-Iowa. 340 miles of gravel.

Get a set and ride the crap out of them.

1 minute ago, dennis said:

I've got a set a Velocity A23s. One of the best investments ever. Never had to true them. And I beat the crap out of these wheels. Mostly gravel, lots potholes, bumps, you name it. These wheels rock. Their wheels are not sexy, won't turn heads like Heds or Zipps etc. Workhorse. You'll get tons of miles out of them and never worry or think twice. They carried me to a finish at Trans-Iowa. 340 miles of gravel.

Get a set and ride the crap out of them.

A23s is what I'm looking at.  Like I said this is my backup bike.  It an early 90's Kestrel KN 40.  A TT bike.  The rage then was 650c for TT bikes.  The A23 is about the only 650 hoop available.

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Oh dang I used to get comped all sorts of cool stuff from my vendors as I purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment annually.  My last uniform vendor I stayed with even after changing employers twice.  They would send me all sorts of cool stuff to try out.  I've got 2 pair of bad ass military boots that I don't know what to do with now as I don't need em.  One pair I never took out of the box.... Cool jackets, shirts, hell I'm wearing a tactical belt now I got from them.

So what size are those boots???  :whistle:

• Heart 1

Just now, Digital_photog said:

I thought about selling mine too but just can't do it.  I do use the fargo more

I tried to convince myself I could throw slicks on my extra wheels and make the Fargo my road bike. A 28 lb. road bike. I get dropped as it is now. I'm hoping to keep both. I have four bikes in my bedroom at the moment. 

• Heart 1

Just now, dennis said:

I tried to convince myself I could throw slicks on my extra wheels and make the Fargo my road bike. A 28 lb. road bike. I get dropped as it is now. I'm hoping to keep both. I have four bikes in my bedroom at the moment. 

3 bikes in the living room and 3 more in the garage.