Heard from HiFi Sound on my stereo

petitepedal

Turntable was good except for needle/cartridge...I could go online or to the needle doctor and get just the stylus or they could replace the entire cartridge...since it was there...I voted to replace the entire cartridge. $83 with tax

The receiver was cleaned and is working fine...for now..on the horizon..a couple of capacitors are going bad and the way the equipment is built not worth the $$$ for the repair even though the capacitors are inexpensive...$75 

So I will probably pick it up this weekend  :cheerleader::cheerleader:  And I will put a few $$$ aside so when the time comes...I can replace things.  I will have music...and NPR :skipping:

• Heart 3

If it's old enough to have those large replaceable electrolytic capacitors, then modern technology has passed it by other than as a collector item.  You will get much better sound from something modern, probably at less than the cost of a repair.

There are however those who insist on having the sound of the last century as purists.  My vinyl did not survive the trip north from Virginia in 73 and all that music has long since been replaced............twice, first on tape :( and then on CD.

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

then modern technology has passed it by ... There are however those who insist on having the sound of the last century as purists.  My vinyl did not survive the trip north from Virginia in 73 and all that music has long since been replaced............twice, first on tape :( and then on CD.

And yet vinyl is not only still here, but making a come back . . . this should tell you something.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

My vinyl did not survive the trip north from Virginia in 73 and all that music has long since been replaced............twice, first on tape :( and then on CD.

My vinyl did not survive the BiL's cocaine addiction. For that matter , nor did my Marantz tuner & amp, Technics turntable, Pioneer cassette deck and the 300+ cassettes, the Phase Linear 1000 "Dynamic Noise Reduction System", a new, full-face motorcycle helmet, all my SAE SK hand tools (I had the metrics with me) and a nice road bicycle.

:angry: