I'll take the risk

Airehead

Ok friends, I need advice and yes, I am asking you.

In a nutshell--- last week I showed you a picture of the fancy knee brace that I need.  It is supposed to help my mobility and my pain level.  I was supposed to pick it up Tuesday but they told me not to come in because they were short staffed and they had boxes that had arrived but no one to open them.  I was annoyed.

Yesterday, I did not hear from them so I called.  Same story, it is probably here but we have two days worth of delivery and no one to open the boxes.  I suggested a monkey in a sweatshirt but that wasn't appreciated.  I also volunteered to come in and open them-- not allowed.  The person ended by saying-- yes this is a problem because we have a PT with time to fit it but we are backed up on entering inventory.

So my guy is doing nothing but waiting for someone else to open boxes?  This just doesn't seem right.

I leave soon for the Airedale Nationals.  Without the brace, there is zero chance I will be able to even pretend to run my dog in the biggest competition of his year.  I am beyond frustrated.  Also in a geat deal of pain which is probably why I am asking you all for advice.

29 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Well Mr. Aire could try and do it.

Yeah, well, I've met the Aire-ster, and to be honest, despite Mr.'s elevation, I don't think you need an engineer for this task. Prolly more like a "mechanic" is called for, if you know what I mean and I think that you do.

Since all of my guys are "busy" (it's shut down season), I think you need to go with the F'n guy. And to quote my ultimate hero, John Clark, "It's not the breaking of the fingers that so effective, it's how you manipulate them afterwards that gets results".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

You go there.  You talk to the HMFIC.  You tell them to point you to the boxes and you will help.  Let them know that this situation is not acceptable.  

What is HMFIC

I would definitely take @F_in Ray Of Sunshine to a rumble with me.  I am about to call again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

What is HMFIC

I would definitely take @F_in Ray Of Sunshine to a rumble with me.  I am about to call again.

Head Mo Fo In Charge.   I agree with Parr8.  Go down there and make noise.  Squeaky wheels get the grease.  Make sure you squeak loudly, but politely in order to get the grease applied where it is needed most.

• Heart 3

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Head Mo Fo In Charge.   I agree with Parr8.  Go down there and make noise.  Squeaky wheels get the grease.  Make sure you squeak loudly, but politely in order to get the grease applied where it is needed most.

Agree.  People having to confront people in person usually gets far more action than over the phone.  Also, politely asking to speak to the person in charge or the boss of the person you are talking to is almost always helpful.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I like the idea of a "polite but insistent" visit to the office.  Also, did you deal with them directly for the order or do they work with your doctor's office?  If so, maybe a call from a repeat customer like the PT's office could help.   If all else fails, standing there crying often works.

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Agree.  People having to confront people in person usually gets far more action than over the phone.  Also, politely asking to speak to the person in charge or the boss of the person you are talking to is almost always helpful.

And if there was ever a time to use that "Doctor" label in front of your name, this is it.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

My mother done taught me good.

We had a neighbor whose downspout stuck out about 3' into our yard. Every time it rained, it would wash out part of our yard. My mom went over and turned it parallel to their foundation.

Several times.

After about the third time they turned it back, she took it off, knocked on their front door. When they answered, she chucked it in their living room and said "This is yours. Keep it on your own property". 

?

4'11" of Brooklyn attitude.

Make up your damn mind.  Was it 3' or 4'11"!!!:angry:

14 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

My mother done taught me good.

We had a neighbor whose downspout stuck out about 3' into our yard. Every time it rained, it would wash out part of our yard. My mom went over and turned it parallel to their foundation.

Several times.

After about the third time they turned it back, she took it off, knocked on their front door. When they answered, she chucked it in their living room and said "This is yours. Keep it on your own property". 

?

4'11" of Brooklyn attitude.

My grandfather had a neighbor who let his dogs out, they'd jump the fence, leave their piles in my grandfather's yard, and go back home.  He spoke to the people next door, but they didn't stop it.

So finally he picked up the mess on a shovel, and rang their door bell.  When they opened the door he threw the poop into their living room and told them they'd better keep their dog on their own property from then on.  It worked.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

My grandfather had a neighbor who let his dogs out, they'd jump the fence, leave their piles in my grandfather's yard, and go back home.  He spoke to the people next door, but they didn't stop it.

So finally he picked up the mess on a shovel, and rang their door bell.  When they opened the door he threw the poop into their living room and told them they'd better keep their dog on their own property from then on.  It worked.

Which reminds me of a boss I had that had a issue with a large pine tree.  As I remember seeing it, maybe 40 ft tall.  The tree trunk was officially on the neighbors side of the line but half the limbs were on his side and dripped sap on his vehicles.  It was the only place he could park.  He discussed this with them for several months with no help from the owner of the tree.  His house was right next to a 4 lane highway that i used to get to the office every day.  On Monday morning I drive past his place and every limb that stuck over the line was gone.  Only the west half of the tree still existed.  When I asked about it he just smiled and said the neighbors went on vacation for a week.  He cut off the portion that he owned.

I also remember having a neighbor at the first place I owned that wanted to cut down 2 large cherry trees (probably 4 ft dia. trunks) that were planted right on the property line - because of the prevailing wind leaning slightly in my direction.  He really wasn't sure where the line was.  I knew exactly where the line was and it ran thru the middle of the 2 trees.  He rang my doorbell one Saturday and asked If I knew which side of the line they were on because he wanted to cut them up and sell for firewood.  I told him that what he should think about was that if he cut one down and it landed on my side of the line I owned it.  I closed the door and the trees were still there last time I looked

7 hours ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, well, I've met the Aire-ster, and to be honest, despite Mr.'s elevation, I don't think you need an engineer for this task. Prolly more like a "mechanic" is called for, if you know what I mean and I think that you do.

Since all of my guys are "busy" (it's shut down season), I think you need to go with the F'n guy. And to quote my ultimate hero, John Clark, "It's not the breaking of the fingers that so effective, it's how you manipulate them afterwards that gets results".

I assume that's john clark the sailor? or maybe former sailor.

I got it.  I called and got the crap about the boxes again.  I said to the lady on the phone, "I would like to speak to your supervisor."  I was told that she was not available.    I was very nice and said, "Then let me give you a very important message.  Find your supervisor or another person in charge and deliver this message.  This is Dr. Airehead calling for the third consecutive day.  It is also the last day I will be calling this department.  If I have not heard from a supervisor with a suitable solution and an appointment time for a brace fitting, in the next 15 minutes, I will call Joan Romano head of patient relations and the hospital; omnubusman."

I got a call in 11 minutes to come right on in.  I got a bit of a cold shoulder from the girl at the desk when I arrived.  I asked if she was Amanda.  She said, "yes."  I said, "Thank you for trying to help me this week.  I understand you have to follow directions from those above you. ". I gave her a Starbucks gift card.

• Heart 3

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

I got it.  I called and got the crap about the boxes again.  I said to the lady on the phone, "I would like to speak to your supervisor."  I was told that she was not available.    I was very nice and said, "Then let me give you a very important message.  Find your supervisor or another person in charge and deliver this message.  This is Dr. Airehead calling for the third consecutive day.  It is also the last day I will be calling this department.  If I have not heard from a supervisor with a suitable solution and an appointment time for a brace fitting, in the next 15 minutes, I will call Joan Romano head of patient relations and the hospital; omnubusman."

I got a call in 11 minutes to come right on in.  I got a bit of a cold shoulder from the girl at the desk when I arrived.  I asked if she was Amanda.  She said, "yes."  I said, "Thank you for trying to help me this week.  I understand you have to follow directions from those above you. ". I gave her a Starbucks gift card.

That starbucks gift card is absolutely fucking amazing.

15 hours ago, Airehead said:

You are one smoooooth operator! :nodhead: