Event Jersey

airinpie

1 minute ago, airinpie said:

Are you supposed to wear it to the event? Or  is it like running where you're only supposed to wear the shirt after you've finished it?

I pre-ordered a Seagull jersey, which I never do, but this one is really pretty. So do I wear it to the ride?

Yes. Wear the jersey. Lots of riders will be wearing theirs also. Runners are weird people.

• Like 2

So these are the rules IIRC....

If you wear the even shirt it can only be from a previous year.  And you can only wear the first year you completed.  Let's say that you have done the Ass-scratcher 13.1 about 12 times, the first being in 1999.  You must wear the Ass-scratcher 13.1 shirt from 1999.

Also, if you wear a shirt from another event it must be longer, tougher, etc.  Or it needs to be a really cool event.  If you are going to run the Ass-scratcher 13.1 and want to wear another event shirt it had better be from the ball-chafer 26.2.  If you wear a 5k shirt to an event like the ass-scratcher 13.1 it had better be bitching.  Like the unicorn tears 5K or something cool like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Also, if you wear a shirt from another event it must be longer, tougher, etc.  Or it needs to be a really cool event.  If you are going to run the Ass-scratcher 13.1 and want to wear another event shirt it had better be from the ball-chafer 26.2.  If you wear a 5k shirt to an event like the ass-scratcher 13.1 it had better be bitching.  Like the unicorn tears 5K or something cool like that.

More stupid runner rules. They don't apply to cyclists, we do what we want.

• Awesome 1

I never wear the event jersey at the event but mostly because there are so many the same.  I have a jersey I love that I only wear it at special events.  It is cool and bright so it is easy to pick out in the event photos and easy for WofZeph to locate me if we get separated.  It is also a nice ice-breaker/conversation starter when you end up riding with people you have never met before.  (It is the Provincial flag of my home Province, which is on the far side of the country.  I meet a lot of people from back home this way)

shirt.jpg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

So these are the rules IIRC....

If you wear the even shirt it can only be from a previous year.  And you can only wear the first year you completed.  Let's say that you have done the Ass-scratcher 13.1 about 12 times, the first being in 1999.  You must wear the Ass-scratcher 13.1 shirt from 1999.

In a remarkable turn of events, I still have my shirt from the 1999 Vulcan half-marathon. That may be my last running event, though I don't think I have any newer event shirts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Nominated for POTD!  Now we wait for @Kzoo to rule from on high.

42 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

At the Grand Tour ( LA Wheelmen, Malibu, in June) I see many cyclists wearing the jersey for that year.  Parr8 notwithstanding, go ahead and wear it.  But, if you dont finish, dont wear the jersey again until you do finish the ride.

Go ahead.  Follow this advice.  Don't say I didn't warn you when you have 56 flats.

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

More stupid runner rules. They don't apply to cyclists, we do what we want.

karma is karma.  It don't care if you are a smart cyclist or a stupid runner.  

The parr8 has spoken on this subject.  This shall be taken into advisement by the OP.  

• Like 3

AND never EVER wear the jersey from the event you are participating in.  Bad form (I don't believe in karma so I won't go there but you get the idea) and it makes you look like a Fred (with my apologies to all the Freds out there).  Event specific apparel is designed to be worn to represent your finishing that great event not that you paid the entry fee and bought the shirt.

I would say the ONLY exception might be a multi day even like BikeDude mentioned.

Sorry, think what you want - that is a rule, a law, a law of nature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Since when was Kzoo put in charge of POTD?  :angry:

August 19, 2016.  You might have been ignoring is at that time so you might not have been made aware (or you might have forgotten because you....... well...... might have just forgotten.)