Flu shot

Parsnip Totin Jack

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My wife got hers at work. My PCP said I need to get one but didn't give me one. She also said I need the second part of my pneumonia shot and didn't give me that either.

I did get a pneumonia shot last year.  I was in for my yearly exam and the doctor recommended it, so I let them shoot me up.  :)

I'm getting mine on my Oct. diabetes blood test followup.

I didn't get one the first two years I was a teacher and caught the flu each year.

I've gotten it every year since and retired with 175 unused sick days.

I highly recommend it, especially if you come in contact with lots of people - especially sick students who stick their nose 6" from your face and say, "I feel sick."

I also got the booster for the pneumonia shot (most people who "die" from the flu, actually die from pneumonia) and the shingles shot a year ago.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

They don't want to be forced into it.  They like to picked, threaten to strike or generally be disagreeable.

I understand . When I was military, even though it was 'mandatory', I stopped getting the shot.  Never made a production of it, but I refused.

3 hours ago, Chris... said:

Ok Jenny:skipping: 

My tits are not as big as hers.

I won't get the shot because every time I have in the past, I have had exactly the same symptoms as the flu for exactly the same duration, and THEN i get the frickin' flu later on anyway.

I will just get it once (probably) and be happier.