After almost 14 years

Indy

I missed this yesterday as well.  I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Over the decades I was let go from more than one company, had companies fold around me and quit on my own from others.  In every case but the last when I was already 65 years old the result was better for me later on.

Hang in there.  If necessary contact a tech agency who may be better informed about available jobs than most and accept some temp work.  Many companies never advertise jobs but sort through various temp workers looking for the skilled help they really want.  Most companies hire for one specific position but really come alive when they see what else you can handle.

Best of luck.

36 minutes ago, 2Far said:

That's pretty insulting right there, I don't care who you are. :angry:

I'm sure they'll pay your health insurance until the end of the month. Oh, wait.

I think it's until the end of October because I guess technically my last day isn't for another two weeks as they are required to give us two weeks notice and then an additional two weeks of severance after that.

Of course the higher ups were digging trying to find something on me a couple weeks ago, my manager gave me a heads up they were scrutinizing my logged in hours, I think they were trying to come up with a reason to just fire me so they could save that little bit of money too.

I'm sort in similar boat, Indy which can't get into details. Each day something new happens.  I can only thank my health and my loved ones who know the best of me.  By the way, Indy, locals in our economically depressed city (because it's oil-gas industry dependent) are hoping for Amazon HQ2 location.  Really, that workplace culture is not pretty..